Top Gun 2

blitzkrieg gsd

blitzkrieg gsd

Just heard Tom Cruise is going to star in a new Top Gun don't know much else yet. May be a big budget job since he is in it. If so may have some gun air to air battles the first one sure done well.

Schofield1943

Here's a quote from Jerry Bruckheimer:

"The concept is, basically, are the pilots obsolete because of drones. Cruise is going to show them that they're not obsolete. They're here to stay," Bruckheimer said. "It's just getting to the starting place. Fortunately for Tom, he's very busy, so you have to find a slot he can fit into and get a budget that Paramount feels they can make the picture."

I wonder if halfway through the movie, Skynet will become self-aware at 2:45 AM and begin attacking the obsolete fighter pilots. After losing a close friend and squashing whatever drama he may have with his ex-wife, he will claim victory over the drones and retire for good.

Sorry for the sarcasm but it just seems silly. Granted it's not even out yet and I can't judge it of course but with all the remakes coming out I just can't help feeling like this will be a cheap attempt at reincarnating an old classic and ruin it the second time around. It's happened way too much recently.

northcoastaero

Drones? I guess drones are very popular these days. Top Gun meets Deal of the Century? In my opinion, the idea of a Top Gun 2 is a great idea. I just hope it doesn't turn into a B movie or worse.

willysmb44

For Maverick to be a O-3 in 1986, he'd have to have pinned on O-1 around 1982 or so. He would have retired about 2002 at the latest unless he became an Admiral (which is unlikely given his discipline record). So, by the time the movie takes place, it'll be probably 15 years after that.

It'll be interesting to see how they play this. He'd have to be a contractor or something by now, which means he wouldn't be going into combat. So the movie is him attending meetings and filling out reports?

Whew! can't wait to see Charlie 30 years later!

Yeah, you can. Google what she looks like today. Yikes. :blink:

DocCollector1441

For Maverick to be a O-3 in 1986, he'd have to have pinned on O-1 around 1982 or so. He would have retired about 2002 at the latest unless he became an Admiral (which is unlikely given his discipline record). So, by the time the movie takes place, it'll be probably 15 years after that.

It'll be interesting to see how they play this. He'd have to be a contractor or something by now, which means he wouldn't be going into combat. So the movie is him attending meetings and filling out reports?

lol this was my thoughts too... my guess is that its going to be one of those lame... "I got out of the Navy years ago and they are asking me to come back because I am the ONLY one that can fly like this..."

Not to mention his F14 was retired in 2006 so even IF he was still in he would have to be retrained on a new platform and if I had to guess based upon how ridiculous some of these remakes have been he'll be flying an F35...

Not sure how old you are but she looks pretty good for 58 years old. We can't stay 28. :) This is a recent picture.

Kelly.jpg

willysmb44

Not sure how old you are but she looks pretty good for 58 years old.

That's actually one of the best recent photos I've seen of her. I saw an interview with her not long ago and maybe she had something going on with her at the time but she really didn't look like she'd aged well at all.

That's actually one of the best recent photos I've seen of her. I saw an interview with her not long ago and maybe she had something going on with her at the time but she really didn't look like she'd aged well at all.

There are days that we ALL look a little ragged... :lol:

Not sure how old you are but she looks pretty good for 58 years old. We can't stay 28. :) This is a recent picture.

attachicon.gifKelly.jpg

I would say in that photo she looks OK for 78....

The only way they should make a sequel to this movie is if they reshoot the original, line for line, scene for scene, with the original actors. The volleyball scene would be epic....

Ian

willysmb44

The only way they should make a sequel to this movie is if they reshoot the original, line for line, scene for scene, with the original actors. The volleyball scene would be epic....

I'm surprised they're not thinking of a total remake. Re-making 80s movies seems to be the thing to do these days.

Look what they did to Robocop recently. God, what flaming load of... :wacko:

A Ghostbusters remake is coming your way soon. With an all female lead cast with Mellisa McCarthy. :huh: No, I'm not making that up!

• 4 months later...