1944 Remington Rand, NIB (almost)

DNADave

The rounds in the magazine are dated 1943.

This particular one came from the grandaughter of a WWII vet. She told me that she "didn't like guns in the house".

post-158534-0-79681000-1432917118.jpg

TheGrayGhost

That is incredible! I guess I should start listening to my dad when he says to always keep the original box.

Catfishcraig

Thats a beauty.

A friend just picked one up in the box from a B25 pilots nephew.

Your killing me Ron. I have literally dreamed about a find like this. Now your telling us you found one in the box too! My dream now is going to become a reoccurring nightmare ?

Catfishcraig

Oops it was your friend. Same difference I'm still going to be going to bed thinking about this.

BTW. awesome find and congrats!

Oops it was your friend. Same difference I'm still going to be going to bed thinking about this.

BTW. awesome find and congrats!

I wish it were me...he called asking me what he should offer for it and hes been buying and selling since the 60s :rolleyes::wacko:

I wont tell you about the Colt a USMC pilot told me he would sell me.He was issued it in 41 and flew off Guadalcanal.Had the belt,holster and 3 mags.He set the price over the phone and agreed to sell.I was going to drive up that day but he "was busy"two days later I went to see him and he decided to give it to a nephew.I saw the pistol and even held it.

Long story short I asked if the nephew was so interested why didnt he take the other items that were named?The guy took the sword,flags and other commecial guns a week earlier but left the flight gear etc.Appeared to me he was taking things he knew what to sell and what was resaleable in his eyes.

• 1 month later...

That is a beautiful pistol!

I like the fact that it is still in the original box. I wish my Remington Rand looked as good as yours! Enjoy it! :)

I have my great grandfathers 1943 not new in the box , thats gotta be the best condition ive ever seen kudos!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi -

Sweet piece. Is this .45 Government issue or private purchase? I thought the Government got them by the crateful and issued them without the cardboard box from the manufacturer, just the pistol and a magazine. Maybe they would issue a holster at the same time. Also, I wasn't aware of Remington Rand making them for civilian sales, so I'm in a quandary - Chris

Don't be in a quandary. This is Govt. issue. Rem-Rand didn't make 45's for the commercial market. They were sent to the Govt in crates.....crates full of little boxes like this with beautiful 45's inside.

Ronnie