Small Grouping Alpha Team Wilderness Training

manayunkman

manayunkman

Here is my latest find but I have no idea what it is other than the obvious.

It appears to be Army 1970-80's insignia but I can't find anything about it in my searches.

Is it all military ?

I thank anyone who might enlighten me as to what I have here.

post-51189-0-37481500-1432842086.jpg

manayunkman

Here is a close up of the jacket patch.

Does this have something to do with the 29th ID ?

post-51189-0-51331700-1432842261.jpg

manayunkman

Scorpion over the ying yang motif.

Last time I found a scorpion was when I was living in the desert and it was in bed with me.

post-51189-0-27190700-1432842561.jpg

The two green felt pieces on the upper corners appear to be U.S. Army leadership tabs (worn by Soldiers in command positions - squad leader, platoon sergeant, etc)

The subdued Combat Infantryman's Badge seems to be current issue, however nobody around who still wears these - had been awarded to U.S. Army Infantrymen for combat action in WW2, Korea and Vietnam. At most, many current U.S. Soldiers wear this with the one star - denoting combat action during conflicts 1980's-1990's (Grenada through Somalia ... Only one CIB awarded to a U.S. Infantryman or Special Forces Soldier, regardless if combat action was performed in multiple theaters during this period), as well as during the Global War on Terror (Afghanistan and/or Iraq).

Captain rank ...

The flat, black name board - on a U.S. military uniform - would have the person's last name only.

Looks like some "cool" stuff put on this display for decorative purpose. Did someone possibly run their own wilderness course? The patches don't look military to me (I'm retired U.S. Army), nor do they look familiar.

manayunkman

Thanks B,

My main concern was with the Alpha Team stuff and the letters on the name board.

So it's either very rare or a private wilderness school.

Nothing on line about it that I could find.