Show Off Your WW2 Helmet Nets

Lancer-86

Straight from the vet estate attic. FS FB with MSA liner. Very salty, but really nice in hand.

Its really nice in the photo let alone in hand,

Excellent helmet and edition to the thread

Yours

Dean

Its really nice in the photo let alone in hand,

Excellent helmet and edition to the thread

Yours

Dean

After removing the liner and rubbing away some remnants of poor storage, shell number I believe is a 689C or 686C also there is a visible two initial and four digit laundry number

Here's my contribution to the thread, still haven the been able to ID the laundry number yet, its on a fixed bail with a low pressure SC liner. Nice nets gents

Fritz

post-4127-0-10198700-1541367495.jpg

post-4127-0-28390600-1541367505.jpg

Over the years Ive managed to get just about every type of helmet net available. These are some that I have in one of my storage boxes. All original WW2 examples - I love the smell of meldew inhibitor !!!

Rich

post-1878-0-28743200-1541368195.jpeg

Burning Hazard

Over the years Ive managed to get just about every type of helmet net available. These are some that I have in one of my storage boxes. All original WW2 examples - I love the smell of meldew inhibitor !!!

Rich

attachicon.gif460EDC20-1ED9-487B-A768-0533E47B0A48.jpeg

Rich, great collection. bet you don't have this one: not so often seen shrimp net variant :)

post-8715-0-67479800-1541391346_thumb.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Shrimp nets in the airborne, left is square and right is hexagon hole variants

517th PIR

another image taken shortly before, showing more of the helmet

post-153751-0-53206400-1541395955_thumb.jpg

chinstrap was buckled around the back of the helmet when it was sprayed

• 1 month later...

It’s British made 3/4 inch net in Brown. Hard to find and issued to the 101st Airborne in large numbers before D-Day. You also see the 29th with these nets too.

Rich

This is a FS FB Captain Helmet named to the Chief Clerk of the Quartermaster Corps Field Services. I found it interesting that this helmet had a net in the first place as the documents I found list the vet planning the logistical side of D-Day with SHAEF in London and then transferring to Paris after the liberation. I presume his position saw him going out inspecting field posts fairly often however so perhaps this is why.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd show off my net collection. Unfortunately none of the nets are original to the helmets they are on, but were instead added for display. That being said, to my knowledge all of them are original WWII nets. If someone feels otherwise please correct me.

In any case, here's a family photo to start it off

post-169952-0-16407500-1576809076_thumb.jpg