It Has Been Awhile...Vietnam Plaques

History Man

Haven't been able to post much due to a packed schedule but thought I would post some things that I have come across in my travels a while back. While never really on the hunt for them, I came across a few more Vietnam period plaques. They range from USAF Recon, USAF engineers, and infantry brigades. I also came across some aircraft material from the same period.

Philip

post-25965-0-04928300-1432440995.jpg

439th Signal Battalion

Infantry one....199th

Any chance that you could take a close-up of any name(s) that are on the plaque? Strange that the 199th SSI is upside down. Perhaps it came off and someone accidentally glued it back that way...

History Man

Any chance that you could take a close-up of any name(s) that are on the plaque? Strange that the 199th SSI is upside down. Perhaps it came off and someone accidentally glued it back that way...

Here is a close up....it is from the in-country Redcatcher Training Center

Philip

post-25965-0-26001700-1432493831.jpg

Hello,

Are these objects part of the souvenirs or gifts that they can be find in the military bar or in the HQ?

Thanks

Laurent

firefighter

Great looking stuff.The weapons officer hat looks theater made.Whats the plaque with the horse on it from?The 12th TRS one is very cool.

Knowing military humor... it might have been glued on that way as a joke to begin with.

Hello,

Are these objects part of the souvenirs or gifts that they can be find in the military bar or in the HQ?

Thanks

Laurent

The plaques are usually "end of tour" appreciation awards... given to individuals who have successfully completed their tour of duty with a unit or made a special contribution while in the job. If you walked into the office of a senior officer or NCO, you might see a dozen or so hanging on the wall. One of the ways you could say "I've been there."

Mine are in a box in the garage.

snake36bravo

Mine are also in a box in the garage along with my certificates. Sometimes, rummaging, I go, "Ah, Yes. I was there" and put them back in a box in the garage along with my certificates.

Your ball cap could be HAL-3 related.....or not. Would be better if it was HAL-3. ;)

The 12th TAC Recon Squadron flew the RF-4C Phantom out of Tan Son Nhut Air Base, South Vietnam.

All your plaques are great scores. I went after the Vietnam era Army helicopter plaques for awhile there myself.