I found this USMC Fighting Knife and Chute at a church flea market

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I was on my way to flea market with my son last Saturday. On the way we followed a few signs that took us on a nice ride out into the country to a church flea market. There wasn't much there for me but on the second to the last table I spotted this box. I got rather excited but I have to say I got less excited when I opened it but I was still excited. I was also rather happy that he only wanted $6.00 for the knife and the WWII dated Pilot Parachute. As for the chute all I can say is the he must have been a very small pilot, just kidding I know what they were used for. As for the knife it does say Camillus, NY on the other side and the paper work indicates that it was made in the USA. It obviously isn't an issued item and there is no sheath but I still couldn't pass it up for the price. What I find interesting is that the gentleman said that he sold all the Chinese made knives that he had had and for what ever reason the other buyers weren't interested in the USMC knife. I was happy they decided to leave it behind.

post-1412-0-00168600-1432158866.jpg

post-1412-0-58180000-1432158873.jpg

post-1412-0-24935300-1432158880.jpg

Manchu Warrior

I appreciate the kind words and I just noticed that the Civil War is not included on the knife. Anyone know why?