504 PIR Chaplain Delbert Kuehl M42 Jump Suit Grouping

warpath

WWII 504 PIR Chaplain Delbert Kuehl M42 Jump Jacket and Uniforms Grouping purchased from him about 30 years ago...Part of the grouping is shown and some artifacts have been published in Heroes In Our Midst.

Chaplain Kuehl was a great person and I believe also one of the bravest and most compassionate individuals I have ever known...He told me that his men were what mattered most and he was there for them when they needed him...A very modest man who served others and was truly a hero.

post-3653-0-19133900-1431898168.jpgI have heard firsthand accounts from several 504th troopers about the Chaplain and his deeds many of which will remain unkown except to him and the men who were there. I am going through my collection soon and I will post Chaplain Kuehl's WWII Airborne uniforms, artifacts and personal items on my web site. Ed

Bill Scott

Ed a great looking group so far.I have known several WW2 Chaplains over the year and you are right they are very modest men.I do not think they knew just how brave they were.If you are gravely wounded or dying the thought of having a man of God praying over you must be a great comfort.Thanks as always for showing your amazing items.Scotty

Chaplain Kuehl's Military Watch worn throughout the war...He was kind enough to add personal notes to each artifact for me.

post-3653-0-88198700-1431898753.jpg

When I get to it I'll photograph some of the rest of this grouping. It's been a long while since I've had it out and it is time to share. Ed

Timberwolf

Ed,

Thank you for posting this. Chaplain items are hard to find (lucky and blessed to actually own the chaplain of the 464th BG), I can only imagine that items from an AB chaplain is probably close to unobtainable.

Btw That Brit BD is slick! (I love collecting BD's)

-Ben

Simply an amazing grouping! Incredible stuff Ed, and even more special seeing that you got it right from him and had the honor of knowing him. I'm in awe!

A rare treat indeed! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Rick