Aviator's Kit Bag :)

hardheaded

hardheaded

Picked up a mix of stuff recently from a guy and this bag was in with it. I was suprised at all the info I found on this guy.

post-108826-0-61005000-1430760638.jpg

I do too. I still have and use the one I was issued in the Air Force. People like to use their fancy luggage, but I have been using my old flight bag for decades..

littlebuddy

yup those bags could sure tell some stories i bet !! i have 3 examples 2 are Id'd , congrats on such a great find !! you lucky guy !

LB

hardheaded

Thanks guys!

When I looked at the bag I thought, nothing to exciting. Finding the great info was really suprising!

• 5 months later...

The one I have I got at an outdoor swap meet 20 years ago. I use it almost every time I fly as it will carry everything I need for a week.

and the neat thing is they have not changed much over the decades...gone are the inside pockets...but construction remained unchanged....sometime in the late 80's, I think, they switched to nylon...great bags....

I have a few WWII bags in tan and one in OD..no named bags though....

the rest are all modern types

• 4 weeks later...

I was rooting through the ole stash yesterday, looked down at this bag and saw a big number 70 on the end of the bag. The color of the number looks almost like the color of the bag. Don't know how I missed that when I first checked the bag out.

Anyone know what that number 70 means ?

Thanks in advance!

HH