• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hopkins92

hopkins92
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,655
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

Is anybody familiar with operations at McGuire AFB in the fall of 1972?  I was scheduled to depart for RVN on a Seaboard flight on 2 Oct. 72, but the flight was delayed.  I had to stay overnight in a motel offbase and report back in the morning.  I remember the motel as being in Woodbury, but after looking at a New Jersey map, that seems too far away from McGuire.  Is it possible or am I just remembering wrong?

Any information would be appreciated, even a suggestion about a more appropriate site to post this question.

Thanks.

#2 AZ Abn

AZ Abn
  • Members
    • Member ID: 30,870
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

Wrightstown, NJ is right outside the gate of McGuire AFB?  That is a

more likely location.   Yes, there are several hotels there.

AZ Abn

#3 hopkins92

hopkins92
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,655
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:18 PM

Thanks, I puzzled over Wrightstown, too.  It just doesn't seem like we traveled too far from the terminal that night, so it might have been to Wrightstown.  The Air Force personnel picked out the motel for us and ordered a cab.  The motel must have been one they used a lot.

#4 AZ Abn

AZ Abn
  • Members
    • Member ID: 30,870
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

Well it was like you said probably Wrightstown, NJ.  That area right outside the

gates w/Ft. Dix close by had alot of hotels because lots of activity at Dix during 

Vietnam time. 

AZ Abn

#5 patches

patches
  • Members
    • Member ID: 34,986
  • 22,797 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:03 PM

Is anybody familiar with operations at McGuire AFB in the fall of 1972?  I was scheduled to depart for RVN on a Seaboard flight on 2 Oct. 72, but the flight was delayed.  I had to stay overnight in a motel offbase and report back in the morning.  I remember the motel as being in Woodbury, but after looking at a New Jersey map, that seems too far away from McGuire.  Is it possible or am I just remembering wrong?

Any information would be appreciated, even a suggestion about a more appropriate site to post this question.

Thanks.

Interesting there wasn't any transient barracks' located on the base. I see by your avatar that you are Army, maybe that's the reason, they didn't want any soldiers hanging around :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users