Green Handle M7 Colt Bayonet Redux

thorin6

I finally finished repairing the Colt M7 Green Handle Bayonet that I acquired at the flea market so I thought I would show folks what the before and after looked like. I didn't touch the blade, just straightened out the guard and added the pommel/lock plate.

First, here are a couple of the before pictures:

post-11546-0-86911000-1430612741.jpg

Here's a close up of the pommel (sorry about the loose cat hairs; occupational hazard):

post-11546-0-88825300-1430612992.jpg

What M7 did you take the pommel from? Nice work! SKIP

I picked up the pommel from ebay; it was loose with a bunch of other parts for bayonets and metal hangers. There was an M7 guard for a BOC, but I have no idea if the pommel came from the same M7. It had been broken off, so I had to saw off the remain piece of tang before attaching it and coating it.

Thanks for showing! Have you tried to mount it on a rifle, they do fit on M1 carbines, just the barrel ring is too big, and is not snug.. SKIP

Thanks for showing! Have you tried to mount it on a rifle, they do fit on M1 carbines, just the barrel ring is too big, and is not snug.. SKIP

Skip,

It fits fine on my Colt AR-15 (20-inch barrel) upper. I'll post pictures tonight showing it on the mount.

t6