Show us your favorite DCU Top!!!

heady506th

Here's one of my tops from OIF I all of the insignia is theater made at COB Speicher during the first years of the war. I know this cause I had this made in country with patches I purchased there.

photo's courtesy Chris Fredrickson who currently owns the jacket

P7260038.jpg

P7260039.jpg

P7260040.jpg

P7260034.jpg

P7260033.jpg

P7260036.jpg

P7260035.jpg

Lets see some others out there!

David

In-country made subdue 173rd combat patch.

uniforms195.jpg

And yes, sorry to the guys that have seen it a million times already.

But it is my favorite.

While I am at it here is his BDU.

uniforms210.jpg

uniforms203-1.jpg

My two favorites DCUs from the same officer. I bought them from eBay last year. Cpt Duran had all his uniforms consigned for sale by an eBay vendor. Unfortunately, I missed his BDU.

Another forum member has some similar DCUs as well.

post-467-1217176607.jpg

post-467-1217177269.jpg

Note that Mr Duran made Captain and his BOS has changed from ADA to Signal Corps.

This time the DCU jacket is the modified version.

As some of you know, I have a weakness for modified jackets. This jacket was modified and used by a soldier in the 82nd Airborne. This jacket holds a special place of honor in my collection. This jacket (along with the pants) were found in a pile of surplus clothing. As you can see from the stains, this piece has been through Hell. All the modifications appear to be hand done by the soldier, as can be evidenced by the white thread used to sew on the sleeve pockets. I have his later DCU which has jump wings and a CIB. Hope you enjoy.

Arch

ABNMOD.jpg

abn1.jpg

Here is my favorite, bought from a fellow forum member here! thumbsup.gif I have the guys pants to go with the jacket also. Both have the same service number, the pants are named to LT. Ivory. So I will replace the name tape soon, with the correct name!

1stcav1adih0.jpg

1stcav1adih0.aa15dd50b4.jpg

Hi David,

would it be possible for you to find me a nice DCU with in-country made 101st SSIs like the one you displayed on post#1 ?

You can PM me.

Cheers,

Andrei

Those are all bad a$$. Heady, what is that qual badge in the 1st pic that looks like a CIB but with a knife/bayonet instead of rifle?

-Matt.

Those are all bad a$$. Heady, what is that qual badge in the 1st pic that looks like a CIB but with a knife/bayonet instead of rifle?

-Matt.

Combat Action Badge

• 2 weeks later...

I icked these up recently at a base pawn shop. Unfortunately, all the patches have been stripped. However, I thought this was an interesting variation to the normal DCU. It seems that this fabric has been inpregnated with a sort of bug repellent (called BuzzOff) that is good for 25 washings. I believe these date to around 2001 time period. Anyone have any extra information about these jackets?

Arch

ADCU.jpg

adcu1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...