WWII?12th NCB seabea dress jacket

Hunter Whittaker

Hunter Whittaker

Stopped by a local antique shop today and found this jacket. I'm not sure what era it is from I couldn't find any dates. Any information would be very appreciated. post-157121-0-85630900-1429998907.jpgpost-157121-0-52293400-1429998922.jpg

CHASEUSA11B

The ruptured duck would indicate ww2 although it's the wrong type for the jacket. I'll see if I can find him on the muster rolls

CHASEUSA11B

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=58197869

RELYEA - Edwin Stratton "Ed" Relyea, 76, of Springfield died at a local care center on October 15, 1989. He was born January 20, 1913 in Eugene, Oregon to parents Edwin and Blanche Relyea. On January 20, 1946 he married June E. Berg in Thurston, Oregon. He had worked in construction until his retirement in 1976 and lived in this area all his life. He was a 54 year member of Carpenter's Local No. 1272. He served his country during World war II as a Sea-Bee in the Navy. Survivors include his wife, June of Springfield; his brother, Demora Relyea and his wife, Ruth, of Springfield; his niece, Deanna Fent of Eugene, and 2 great nephews. Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. at Rest Haven Memorial Park in Eugene with Pastor John Koekkoek officiating. BUELL CHAPEL, a Golden Rule Funeral Home, in charge of arrangements.

Hunter Whittaker

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=58197869

RELYEA - Edwin Stratton "Ed" Relyea, 76, of Springfield died at a local care center on October 15, 1989. He was born January 20, 1913 in Eugene, Oregon to parents Edwin and Blanche Relyea. On January 20, 1946 he married June E. Berg in Thurston, Oregon. He had worked in construction until his retirement in 1976 and lived in this area all his life. He was a 54 year member of Carpenter's Local No. 1272. He served his country during World war II as a Sea-Bee in the Navy. Survivors include his wife, June of Springfield; his brother, Demora Relyea and his wife, Ruth, of Springfield; his niece, Deanna Fent of Eugene, and 2 great nephews. Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. at Rest Haven Memorial Park in Eugene with Pastor John Koekkoek officiating. BUELL CHAPEL, a Golden Rule Funeral Home, in charge of arrangements.

That's awesome! Thank you for the information I really appreciate it! I also have this seabea knive could you find any info on this name? If you don't have the time it's ok. post-157121-0-86989300-1430015791.jpgpost-157121-0-97398100-1430015764.jpg

About your knife.All I know is that I have a painted 28th CB helmet.And when I looked the 28th CB up I found out that they ran rhino ferries at Normandy France.Hope it helped.Greg.

CHASEUSA11B

Hello hunter. I looked on ancestry and found several names similar to don chip man but none that matched the serial number. I only have my phone now as my computer broke so it's a little hard for me to read the returns.

Perhaps someone with fold 3 can search him by the service number and we can get a better match

Nice items.

Fairly common to see variations of the ruptured duck on uniforms.I have seen and own examples of the of the Forrest green color on khaki uniforms and have forrest green corpmans uniforms with navy blue.They used what they had avaiable and didnt consider it wrong or right.Some never applied them at all.