M1 Carbine Grenade Launcher question

mikes militaria

mikes militaria

A few years ago I purchased an M1 Carbine Grenade Launcher for $60.00. It looked great with my WW2 Marine mannequin. It seems to be misplaced. I had to move. It's either packed where I don't remember putting it or an ex decided she liked it more than me. (long story). I decided the best way to find it was to buy a replacement. I went to the Nation's Gun Show, here near DC, and found one guy with two mint ones, one had the instructions. That's it , no one else had one or had seen one for some time. I got a lot of "good lucks".

The guy wanted $700.00. I couldn't believe it. Is this guy high or do they really cost that much these days. I asked another dealer that sells surplus US military gun parts and was told $120.00 to $300.00. Which I find more believable.

Opinions? I don't expect to find one for $60.00 but $700.00, Really?

Has anyone seen one lately and know about how much they cost? Better yet, does anyone have one they'd like to sell? I've seen a lot of pictures from the Pacific of Marines and it seems that quite a few had Grenade Launchers on their Carbines. I find it hard to believe there aren't any around at all.

Any information is appreciated, Mike

They seem pretty few and far between to me. I don't think I've ever seen one in person and the ones I've seen otherwise are much closer to that $700 figure than to the $120 to $300. If I saw one in that $120 to $300 range I'd grab it.

mikes militaria

Thank you for the info, I stopped looking because I thought I had one, Unbelievable how much the price has increased. I'll look a little more before I buy one. Thanks again