J.Q.M.D. 1942 M1910 First Aid Pouch

David D

Probably my favorite piece of field gear in my collection except a few pieces of 29th provenced gear.

So if you have them, post them here.

Here is mine

post-151093-0-16262200-1429903553.jpg

josegarcia8578

Nice! I'm really jealous you snagged it before I did, but great item you picked up. Ended up removing the engineers disk?

Ended up removing the engineers disk?

My first thought as well. Why remove the disk? It's clearly been on there for a long time and was probably added by the soldier who used it.

Nice! I'm really jealous you snagged it before I did, but great item you picked up. Ended up removing the engineers disk?

Thanks!

My first thought as well. Why remove the disk? It's clearly been on there for a long time and was probably added by the soldier who used it.

I just removed it to photograph it. It is back on it know.

Dave

Hi !

As a J.Q.M.D. pouches addicted I simply couldn't miss this thread... Here my two babies... Please note, on the second one, the brightly coloured hook tab... I agree with you all: these pouches are amaizing...

Fausto

post-8381-0-95351300-1429976661.jpg

post-8381-0-26890000-1429976676.jpg

post-8381-0-35250900-1429976687.jpg

Thanks David !

just for fun, here another nice pouch. It is not mine... I took this picture somewhere in the web. What is interesting, for a pouch already obsolete in 1942, is the double Combat Serviceable stamp on the back... A very long life for these poches...

post-8381-0-67356700-1429982933.jpg

post-8381-0-37659200-1429982944.jpg

post-8381-0-76981500-1429982954.jpg

Hi,

Nice pouch !

I always wonder this pouch was replaced by M24 and M42 models.

Do we have a list of JQMD items ?

- Meat can pouch

- Belt trousers

I have found that the M1942 J.Q.M.D. 1942 dated first aid pouches are the hardest pattern to find due to the fact that it's the last pattern made in 1942 and thinking its the shortest run of them made.

J.Q.M.D. item are very interesting gear! I have a super nice 1944 J.Q.M.D. musette bag rubberized light khaki #3 shade looks early war until you read the date on it.

The fact that there are few posts in this topic kind of shows how scarce these are.

Ditto what David said- Fausto and Tom have the cleanest examples I've ever seen yet!

Craig- I have a soft place for J.Q.M.D. stuff as well; a lot of innovation was carried out there. I think they had their own proving grounds, complete

with obstacle course and all. And a J.Q. Field Bag, waterproofed and dated '44, has to be one rare sonofagun!!

And I think everyone who likes field gear has a soft spot for JQMD items haha

LOL- I would have to agree with that just a tad; a lot of times that would be the primary reason I'd pick something up. A few years ago I bought a well-used Rucksack just because it was made at Jeffersonville, where these mountain/ski packs were developed originally.

Not to mention all the multi-colored "transitional" stuff they turned out.