Cross Streets: Near the intersection of N Main St and Themis St

(573) 388-4716

and

Doughboy Military Collectables

425 Boonville Avenue Springfield, Missouri 65806

(417) 865-9966

http://www.doughboymilitary.com/index.php

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

i can recommend doughboy as well i have been there multiple times and always gotten good deals.

Overlord Military Collectibles and Alamo Military Collectibles in St. Louis are both good stores as well. Overlord is in the northern part of the city (in Overland, close to the airport) and Alamo in more towards the south. I've done business at both and have been satisfied every time.

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

There is also a Kansas City Military Collectors Club (KCMCC) in Kansas City that is very active and meets once a month at the Westport Flea Market on the Missouri side of the Metro. This non-profit collector organization has been around for over 30 years and puts on two militaria shows a year at the Lenexa, KS VFW.

As Vice President of the KCMCC I would invite any collector to attend one of our meetings as a guest.

http://www.kcmcc.org/

• 2 years later...

Let me add my impressions from a recent visit to several sites in the St. Louis area.

First off, The Alamo. It gets two thumbs up from me. The store is a little hard to find and the parking lot is a little awkward but don't let that stop you. Once you come inside its very cozy with a museum feel to it. From looking around the store it has a lot of everything from the past, lots of WWII items to include some German stuff. I saw a large collection of Ike Jackets and officer dress blouses to include fully badged jackets. Also on hand was a great selection of modern stuff and some other different time periods. I was tempted to buy something but didn't, some of the prices were a little more than I wanted to pay. I did see a large display of patches spanning from WWI to present. That was fun to see. It also has a great deal of nick knacks that just make you stop and wonder.

Second is Overland Military Collectibles on the opposite side of town. The place is located in a suburb and is very inconspicuous. The parking is limited but you can park across the street from them. Its looks small on the outside but when you come in its just wall to wall nostalgia and clothing. I had a really fun time looking around and talking to the husband and wife team that runs the store. Very nice and accommodating people I have run into and spent a long time talking to them about surplus. Found some great deals. The store even has a small library in back where you can browse for books, any type of books! It is a little crowded but well worth the stop.

If you have questions that the husband can't answer then he can turn to his wife and ask her and if you have certain requests on a hard to find item they have an extensive network that they can check on.

Lastly, Stars and Stripes surplus. This too is a little hard to find because its located in a strip mall. The store is nice an spacious and boasts a lot of modern stuff i.e. paintball, airsoft, modern tactical stuff, etc. I did find the prices pretty good but very little in what I was looking for. I still managed to find a few things. If your looking for more vintage stuff then this isn't the place, its more modern with some older stuff thrown in. It does cater to the law enforcement, first responder, private security type of crowd. Still worth the look and stop.