Factory Correct MB canvas top

URIK

RustyCanteen

Farrell,

Even with the flaws it still looks good. For a first (or second) run piece I'm impressed.

RC

A windshield cover for a WLA? What does one look like?

The wind screen for the WLA...the cavas with clear windshield.The guy who was making then passed away I heard and his were very nice.Now the ones offered are of a lesser quality.

I could definitely make the apron, but not the windshield. It would be a lot of R&D to make the windshield. Maybe once the tops get rolling I'll look into it more.

The canvas on the new WLA windshield aprons made in Europe is a yellow khaki and not good . Darcy Miller makes them but the shipping from down under is not cheap and he is going to retire soon. I also want him to start making the early WLA apron from the leatherette material but is not up to it. This picture is a original WLA windshield

post-7997-0-01381800-1429755789.jpg

Is it not made of similar materials as a G.I. rain coat?

I'm not for sure? but you might be right? I think it's a rubberized canvas material ? I was never able to hold a early apron in my hand to see what it's made of. In 1943 Harley came out with the regular mildew proof canvas apron.

Hmmmm, as far as I know that rubberized material is not commercially available. I'd have to have it custom made. The later ones made from treated canvas duck would be easier as materials are more readily available.