UNITED STATES ARMY SPECIAL FORCES SSI

flashesandovals

Correct term Is US Army Special Forces.

You might as well learn that.

The bullion piece is not a reproduction.

It is a piece that some SF Vets sew on their association blazers, caps, or even leathers.

Never intended for uniform wear.

National convention in Portland in June.

A lot of that stuff will be in view.

flashesandovals

Correct term Is US Army Special Forces.

You might as well learn that.

The bullion piece is not a reproduction.

It is a piece that some SF Vets sew on their association blazers, caps, or even leathers.

Never intended for uniform wear.

National convention in Portland in June.

A lot of that stuff will be in view.

I think I know that the term includes Army, I must have read that somewhere...the system wouldn't allow me to edit the title after I had submitted the post.

Thanks for your "lecture".

flashesandovals

That tab is - take your choice - bogus, a repro...

Well, I'm sure it was never worn like that. All I know, is that it was bought at the Ft Drum MCSS in 1994. Don't know what other patch it could be used with.

Well, I'm sure it was never worn like that. All I know, is that it was bought at the Ft Drum MCSS in 1994. Don't know what other patch it could be used with.

I could see it being worn by Pvt S. F. Poser to impress the girls in Watertown! Regardless of where it was sold, it's bogus.

Patchcollector

I wanted to add a patch to this impressive reference.This is an early theatre made piece from my collection.

post-13386-0-86537000-1430074161.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think that is a more recent fanasy item.

The long tab was not concieved until about 1982.

The electric butterknife would never have been displayed without the airborne tab-they are basically one piece.

Once you earn the long tab-or SF qualification indicator, you can wear it over any subsequent unit patch.

Like the yellow Ranger tab. These are earned.

Before the long tab the full flash ion the beret indicated SF qualified, as well as "S" suffix on MOS.

Today "S" indicates support troops. Old timers can request orders for long tabs if we want.

Patchcollector

So you are stating that since the "Airborne" tab is missing,then the other pieces are not authentic?Many times the "Airborne" tabs are separate pieces,like the "Special Forces tab.They are not always "one piece" with the main patch.I can't say that an "Airborne" tab was never made for this set.I can only post what I have.

I've seen many Airborne patches that had the "Airborne" tab missing.Using your reasoning,these would not be authentic as well.