U.S. Army Chinese Training and Combat Command

irish

Based at Ramgarh India. Initially setup in May of 1942 as a training, rehabilitation and re-equipping center for the remnants of Chinese Army troops that had been withdrawn from Burma.

These are some recent finds and additions to my collection. An eye catching design. The patch has the same 5 red/white alternating stripes as the standard CBI patch run diagonally with the Chines Sun symbol in the center.

post-758-0-65465000-1429482929.jpg

Nice patches. ;)

Seriously though, I think a lot of collectors underestimate how uncommon theater made examples of this insignia are. I've never seen the DI sized one before. The only other style I've ever seen that you don't have shown is a printed type. The example I show here is backed with khaki cloth and has metal snaps. Here is a photo of the same type of patch worn by a Chinese soldier taking a class in Yunnan China in March 1945 (from LIFE archive, hosted by Google).

post-781-0-69809700-1429490894.jpg

post-781-0-20321700-1429490901.jpeg

Nice printed version. The theater made pieces do not show up very often as you say. Great photo, interesting seeing it in wear

Ski, that is an interesting variation. Red has been replaced by Blue?. Or is it faded, it does not look like it from the photo.

• 1 year later...

Just discovered this thread, while trying to identify this variation. Pretty scarce I would imagine. If anyone has seen this before, I'd appreciate a note. Found this in my father's things after he died. Along with his other CBI things. Leather Blood chit, probably a "souvenir", bullion CBI patch, and cloth CBI patch, service ribbons, etc.

As my wife is Chinese, she was able to translate the 3 stamps on the reverse. It says, essentially;

Military Committee. Honorary medal. Training Battalion. And the lowest section is the title of the man who presented it, a company trainer himself, and even his name. Liang Shi Sheng. My dad taught Chinese how to shoot howitzers near Kunming. Late 44 into '45.

This is a splendid little thing. Roughly 1.2 inches in diameter.

Here are my U.S. & Chinese made patches and pin from the Chinese Infantry Training Center. Not sure what the badge was used for or what the Chinese writing means.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

• 3 months later...

Here are a few from my collection.

Theater-made. The image does not show the dramatic three dimension impact of this patch. The center star is a separate element about 1/4" thick, sewn to the patch which adds considerable depth as one looks at it.

Chinese%20Training-6-600.jpgChinese%20Training-1b-1-600.jpg

Theater-made. Again, the image does not convey to the viewer the three dimension impact of the patch's construction. It is composed of red and white pieces of linen sewn together, over which a separate, padded sun device is sewn.

Chinese%20Training-5-2-600.jpgChinese%20Training-1b-2-600.jpg

Fully embroidered.

Chinese%20Training-3-600.jpgChinese%20Training-1b-3-600.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Ugly or not, I wouldn't kick it out of my bed for eating crackers, i still haven't run across one of those theater made ones

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Here is a named uniform from that unit. Would appreciate any and all info on them, as my research has turned up little hard data. Thank you.

mccooper

post-151387-0-01860700-1534464291.jpg