Early M3 in an M6 Scabbard

student of history

student of history

Hi Gents,

Here are a few images of an early blade dated M3 knife paired up with an M6 Viner Bros manufactured scabbard. It's certaintly seen a fair bit of use as the blade looks to be sharpened but I don't think this was done recently. Any comments or insight regarding these knives would be welcomed as I'm just beging to learn about them.

Thanks,

Chris

post-88912-0-91372000-1429224425.jpg

student of history

After some expensive Garand related purchases I did ultimately decide to list the knife for sale. I've had a number of offers on it but have not closed a deal yet.

I would have listed it here but do not have the sufficient number of posts to do so - so I turned to the CMP as I'm very familiar with their site. Hopefully I didn't ruffle any feathers.

It's my first blade dated M3 w/ M6 scabbard so I threw a price out there, if it was too high, again I apologize.

- Chris

Chris- No feathers, ruffled here. It's your knife. We give out a lot of collectors, info and advice on a specific knife, only to see it up for sale. You posted it here for info on the 16th of April, and up for sale on the 18th. The only suggestion I would have had was to offer it here first. But, as you said you didn't have sufficient posts. No one is angry. Just thought you wanted information to keep a fairly rare set that's all. SKIP

student of history

Just thought you wanted information to keep a fairly rare set that's all. SKIP

I'd love to keep everything I come across but unfortunately that's not always economically feasible. That said, before spending $500+ on a Garand stock I had every intention of keeping the rig.

I've actually got an early M1A1 Carbine on the way so there's a very distinct chance that I'll be replacing it one day!

- Chris