Helmet Collection...Old & New

37thguy

I like 'em all. The passion is OIF/OEF but I just bought a WW1 Camo last week, so....

First pic is all thats left of the WW2 helmet collection as well as my 37th WW1 helmets.

Second are the newest kids on the block.

post-729-0-56820900-1429037116.jpg

Fantastic collection, and I admire your focus on one division. Thanks for sharing!

To me it's a much more concise collection. Amazing how things relate to each other. Before I decided to get specific, I just drifted here and there, bought this and that. I like this much better.

Thanks everyone :D

Great start with modern helmets. Do you think someday they'll be worth as much as ww1 & ww2 helmets?

Well, for starters, there all a lot less of these being made than were the M-1s, in part because the M-1 was made for so many years. The M-1 remained the same, more or less, all that time. These seem to change every couple of years so even fewer of each model is made. I think they will, in time. Whether I'll be around to see it is another matter?

Screamingeagles101

I'm pretty sure my grandfather was in the 37th at camp Polk during. The Korean War. He was later shipped to the Hawaiian islands where he tested missiles if I remember correctly. Would you happen to know anything about this ?

By the way, fantastic collection !!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...