• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 dave peifer

dave peifer
  • Members
    • Member ID: 22,060
  • 903 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

had a great weekend,great weather and had a lot of our veteran friends stop by our tent to take a break and get out of the sun.sold a little,bought a lot more.........dave

#27 Khe Sanh68

Khe Sanh68
  • Members
    • Member ID: 151,187
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

Went to the show Sunday, I had a blast. For some reason it did not seem packed to me. Weather was great. I did notice more people hanging out in the Airport parking lot watching the planes go by. Any chance to get a p38 next year? (not the can opener)

#28 Waltz41

Waltz41
  • Members
    • Member ID: 89,245
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

Another great year.  Saturday I thought was packed, Sunday was pretty light in terms of attendance,...at least what I thought.  Was there in the PTO with our 25th ID group again.  My absolute favorite time is right around 5 pm when the crowd starts to leave, sun goes down, and we can just relax with a cold one in our canteen cups listening and watching some planes fly by!

I took a ton of pictures, I'll post some up as soon as I get a chance to go through them.

#29 Waltz41

Waltz41
  • Members
    • Member ID: 89,245
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

Went to the show Sunday, I had a blast. For some reason it did not seem packed to me. Weather was great. I did notice more people hanging out in the Airport parking lot watching the planes go by. Any chance to get a p38 next year? (not the can opener)

One year in the last 12 to 13 they had a P-38, but honestly I think it's quite rare to get something like that, esp being on the East Coast, where there's not as many warbirds as the midwest and west coast.  Also, they pretty much have deals made with the Yankee Air Museum (B-17, C-47, B-25) and the CAF (this year F4U, P-51, B-29, B-24, C-46, Dauntless, Helldiver), so you can always bet them to be represented. 

Now I have also heard that they are not the 'easiest' to work with (the organizers that is) from a warbird pilot I knew, and I overheard this year one of the paratrooper guys saying they have been trying to get here for years, but they just kept saying no.  Only reason they got here this year is because they teamed up with the C-46 as a 'package' deal. 

I would love to see some different things come in, but I think between their prior agreements and the somewhat lack of different aircraft close by, what you saw this year is what you will see next year, with maybe a little change or two.

#30 ViewfinderGyrene

ViewfinderGyrene
  • Members
    • Member ID: 153,444
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:03 AM

One year in the last 12 to 13 they had a P-38, but honestly I think it's quite rare to get something like that, esp being on the East Coast, where there's not as many warbirds as the midwest and west coast.  Also, they pretty much have deals made with the Yankee Air Museum (B-17, C-47, B-25) and the CAF (this year F4U, P-51, B-29, B-24, C-46, Dauntless, Helldiver), so you can always bet them to be represented. 

Now I have also heard that they are not the 'easiest' to work with (the organizers that is) from a warbird pilot I knew, and I overheard this year one of the paratrooper guys saying they have been trying to get here for years, but they just kept saying no.  Only reason they got here this year is because they teamed up with the C-46 as a 'package' deal. 

I would love to see some different things come in, but I think between their prior agreements and the somewhat lack of different aircraft close by, what you saw this year is what you will see next year, with maybe a little change or two.

They need some new variety overall lol, the only thing they need to not do is cut down on is vets in the Hangar. There were several that were [basically speaking] not allowed to come since they'd come 3 years in a row. I say ditch some of the vendors and put them in the flea market, rather than telling the 93yr old "we'll see you next year", when there may not be a next year. 

I had fantastic time, but the museum people themselves don't give a crap about the vets in the hangar.

#31 215Dave

215Dave
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 156,916
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:37 PM

This was my first year attending and regret having never gone before! But, I now have another great event to put on my calendar. A good friend of mine does a German impression and this was his 12th year..... Started going in 9th grade. He showed me around and my head spun with the amount of great stuff to look at. My dad had an especially great time. Next year as an early Fathers Day gift the family will be paying to have him go for a ride in a B-25. Will post some pics if I can find a way to resize.... Looking forward to next year!

Edited by 215Dave, 30 June 2015 - 05:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users