experimental m1 bayonet ?

thetrenchman1918

thetrenchman1918

saw this one on ebay this morning, to me it seemed there were some things a little off about this one, the blood gutter starts a bit further up the blade, the black grip seems to come to more of a point towards the bottom and the scabbard looks as though it could be metal, but perhaps it is just a standard one over painted, it all just looks a little off, also the AFH markings are quite different could this be an experimental m1 bayonet?

"Aged" reproduction. This is the third one I have seen so far, someone is working pretty hard to make these look old. The fuller length varies pretty much from one to the other.

Photos are from a previous listing.

post-66-0-00629300-1428168633.jpg

post-66-0-38609100-1428168650.jpg

post-66-0-41379200-1428168673.jpg

post-66-0-17944900-1428168695.jpg

I asked for the auction information because I wanted to see where the seller was located. I feel very strongly that this is a Chinese copy.

I questioned the stamp, but had to hear more. I also see the Chinese are making copies of the cut-downs M1905E1s. Went to the Fayetteville NC Gunshow this morning. Saw that one of the usual thieves, was selling a used IMA type M3, marked "US M3 1943", in an M8A1 scabbard for $220. This guy mixes aged repros with originals, and charges the higher prices. Also saw an M1917 Bolo the same way this morning. He's been doing it for years. I've called him on stuff before he doesn't like it. He doesn't go to the collector show in Raleigh. Folks would have his lunch up there. Anyway, thanks for pointing out the fake. SKIP

thetrenchman1918

I suppose that explains why everything seems a little off, because it just wasn't right to begin with!