Show off your Vietnam helmets

AnDuc49

As I looked through the forum I noticed lots of individual threads of Vietnam helmets and I enjoyed seeing them, but I thought it would be nice to have a large, single thread for reference. It's always neat to see graffitied covers and untouched helmets. Apologies if this goes against forum rules.

here's two of my Vietnam M-1c helmets both are put togethers but with original parts... i dont have any actual used Vietnam era helmets but hope to get one, one day... but until then here you go

post-125364-0-19554000-1428020712.jpg

Here is a graffitied helmet cover I bought directly from the veteran, SGT. Dennis Milstein of the 8th Aerial Port Squadron. He got it in 1969 and supposedly had it in country but didn't use it much, thus not much wear. It came with just the cover originally, but I added a helmet to it for display.

post-93633-0-19674600-1428023681.jpg

post-93633-0-69466100-1428023687.jpg

coolhandluke

Most of my Vietnam era helmets are run of the mill so I will only post photos of two. Both are put together helmets using covers and an AB chincup that were purchased in a grouping from a 101st veteran's estate. The 506th marked cover is a '59 contract while the red diamond tac marked cover is '62 dated.

post-105139-0-61874300-1428114268.jpg

Lastly here are 5 helmets that I suspect were used in Vietnam but no real proof.

No contesting they were issued and used.

When and where who knows.

post-63438-0-81301800-1428161773.jpg

post-63438-0-03939900-1428161778.jpg

Beautiful helmets anton! May I ask how Cpt. Lee's helmet got hone if he was KIA. Did he mail it home before he was killed?

I can not say he used the helmet in Vietnam. The helmet came from Alaska his home state. In fact there is a VFW named after him there. There is also a training base there. I assume the helmet was issued to him while he was stationed there. When he got to Vietnam he probably was issued another helmet.

I have a few other items of his including a short sleve green Army shirt with his name rank and unit patch on it. Also his dog tags and a cross that he wore. I also have some documents that came with the grouping

Whether the helmet was actually in Vietnam or not I am honored to have it in my collection.

Also the fact that it came with the grouping and it is marked in multiple places with his name on it leaves me no doubt it was his helmet.