WWII machettes

camillus

where can I find information about WWII machettes, when I searched here I found the thread about SWI machettes. on the internet all I can find is where to buy they not where to learn about them.

warcollect1942

Buy The best of U. S. Military Knives Bayonets & Machettes by M.H. Cole. This book will answer most all questions about

U. S. knives.

Camillus;

In my opinion; one of the best publications regarding machetes is D.E.Henry's book on COLLINS MACHETES and BOWIES. Starting to get a bit expensive but I have spent MANY hours with this book. Gems of information scattered through the text. My working copy is hi-lited, tagged, and notated. Also, I look for photos of machetes being carried by troops in the field.

My edged weapon collecting is focused on US ISSUE and attributed specimens. At present I have about 90 and am still occassionally locating another. A real joy is locating a piece in which I have a bit of history of the user. Period ranges from WW1----VN.

I do have a handfull of "duplicates" for sale or trade if you become interested.

For grins notice the machetes on E--- which are listed as WW2 machetes "made in Japan"for the US. Also, usually some made in Belgium in WW2 for the US. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, think about it.

If I can be of any assistance feel free to PM me.

Tankerman (AL)

PM sent thanks. I know what you mean about some posts. I read one for a genuine WWII survival knife, mind you it was WWII. The knife was a early 60s jet pilot knife. I often wonder is it ignorance or deception

Charlie Flick

where can I find information about WWII machettes, when I searched here I found the thread about SWI machettes.

Camillus:

The D. Henry book is the best published to date on USGI machetes but it, too, has its limitations.

USGI machetes have gotten considerable attention here on our Forum. You might want to search under machete rather than machette as the former is the more conventional method of spelling the name of this tool.

Regards,

Charlie

yeas I know, didn't want to spend the money because I don't know how much longer I will be able to collect knives but thats a very defeatist attitude. Got a decent coles III today on eabay should have it by this week end Mike