best book on patches? need a little help

gpspartans

looking for best, most complete book, with photos and ref text that can help me select good ones from the fakes. will buy single edition or set. I've been ripped off a few times recently and need to reeducate myself.

looking for best, most complete book, with photos and ref text that can help me select good ones from the fakes. will buy single edition or set. I've been ripped off a few times recently and need to reeducate myself.

Gidday

Which service and era are you collecting ?

Phill

If you go into to the Book Review section of the Forum, go up to the SEARCH bar in the upper right, and use the down arrow for "Search This Forum" you can find recommendations for specific topics.

Here is a thread we had awhile back on Vietnam era resources:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/97655-info-about-the-best-book-about-vietnam-war/?hl=mcduff&do=findComment&comment=724682

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

As a collector of WW II patches, can Thor996 tell me the names of the three volumes to which he cites? Thank you.

got the keller books and love them! thanks

Can you tell me what the titles are of these books? I did a search under "keller books" and got no where. I have numerous patch books including Pete Morgan's but I don't think I have the "Keller Books."

Thanks for your aid.

2 x

United States Shoulder Patches

and Related Insignia from WW1 to Korea

come divided by with break at 41st Division

should be able to find name of 3rd book based on this - check amazon they will show all the books

2 x

United States Shoulder Patches

and Related Insignia from WW1 to Korea

come divided by with break at 41st Division

should be able to find name of 3rd book based on this - check amazon they will show all the books

Thank you. I shall check these out ASAP.

Hans De Bree's book is also great - it doesn't show every patch made, but is excellent at showing in great detail all the styles of WW2 patch embroidery

Buckshot329

Join ASMIC.

Maybe the best advice! Not only a great way to learn about patches but also to get to know new people with the same interest :)

Maybe the best advice! Not only a great way to learn about patches but also to get to know new people with the same interest :)

Amazon got a little richer thanks to this forum. Three volumes of Keller's books and De Bree's tome are now on their way to me. I have many WW II patches, always interested in more about the, Thank you gentlemen for sharing your expertise.