Chrome plated M-3

Big Bill

Has anyone heard of a issued chrome plated M-3 I just found one that is a Utica blade dated and the blade cross guard and pommel are all plated.

I knew of a vet who was in France and brought home a chromed M-3. Still not sure if it was done as a souvenir or something dropped to the French Resistance or something else.

Has anyone heard of a issued chrome plated M-3 I just found one that is a Utica blade dated and the blade cross guard and pommel are all plated.

No! Have not heard of a chrome plated M3. Could have been buffed out. We'll need to check it out when you get a picture posted. SKIP

Big Bill-Good deal! Grab any deals on blade-dated M3s. Sometimes you have to take what you can get to fill a hole in the collection , then up grade later if possible. SKIP

Skip I agree I have 17 now 4 blade dated and 2 in original boxes 1 box is ruff and the other is in really good condition maybe I'll post them some time m3 and Mark 2 are my favorite style of fighting knives. I know on a differant post there's a discussion about the extra knob 1917 trench knife you can add one more to your count I picked one up a couple of years ago.

1 blade marked camillus guard with M8 box is in tack but one end is coming off the other is a Utica guard marked with M8 and the box is in really good shape.

I used to collect military fighting knives for about 10 years then got married so sold most of my collection I have just started collecting again in the last 5 or 6 years my how prices have changed so I'm trying to just collect US this time last time my main category was German but with getting married and having a sick child it had to go.

There was no E Bay back then and I got to admit I see a lot more nice stuff now at least I kept my books and I d have to replace them.

I really like this forum wish they had this 30 years ago.