Chieu Hoi Patch

irish

A patch I recently picked up for the Chieu Hoi program. Designed to encourage defection of Viet Cong and or their supporters to the government of South Vietnam.

I had not seen this maker (Black on OD) variation before and was wanting opinions as to authenticity. It looks right to me but would be interested to hear other opinions

thanks

Jack

post-758-0-36517600-1427377096.jpg

post-758-0-45299900-1427377102.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Patchcollector

Here's a Chieu-Hoi piece I picked up.It's a color hand embroidered version.Sellers pics.

post-13386-0-72644700-1530074202_thumb.jpg

post-13386-0-83012700-1530074214_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks Cap, would seem then that these were worn when these guys were in training, Don't think we've seen them worn in combat when these guys were either integrated into the ARVN or assigned to a U.S. line unit.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I don't believe Kit Carson / Tiger scouts were ever assigned to ARVN units, only US Army and USMC, and possibly ANZAC. From what I've read the ARVN hated Kit Carson scouts and they returned the feeling, leading to some tense situations where they almost got into fights when they were merely on the same base together. 

My Kit Carson scouts wore US uniforms and US equipment. I don't know anything about their uniforms in the training program or if they were assigned to ARVN units. I do know they were dependable and added to our combat effectiveness.