USAAC Uniform Project

MT247

Hi All, I started this uniform restore project from a dogtag that I received and some info from you guys and went from there. The soldier is Aldrich Kremenak, he was an airplane mechanic with the 75th Service Group, 315th Bombardment Wing, 20th Army Air Corp and served on Guam. I don't have his service records so I went off what I thought he would have wore so this might not be exact but I wanted to know what you all thought about it. The only thing I don't like is the bronze stars on the ribbons. I don't think he would have gotten more than one of each of these medals but didn't want to ruin the ribbons by trying to remove stars. Thanks for looking.

post-157549-0-82167100-1426993081.jpgpost-157549-0-32537800-1426993093.jpgpost-157549-0-79480800-1426993105.jpg

From what I gathered from the 75th Service Group records, they received the PUC so I added that, what are all your thoughts? Thanks

Also as a side note, this was the first tie I have ever tied. Was there a certain knot they used or was it just preference? Thanks

strawberry 9

From what I gathered from the 75th Service Group records, they received the PUC so I added that, what are all your thoughts? Thanks

I was looking at a list of units that received the PUC, but it may not be complete. I'm not sure. The jacket looks great though!

So does the tie. I'm guessing most went with the basic knot, not sure what it's called, since it was fastest/easiest.

Yes, maybe, although it's for wartime actions, the 315th doesn't get it until 1946.

Where's the mechanic's patch for the sleeve?

Thanks for the tips. I will look for a triangle and add. Should I also add a proficiency badge with mechanic bar to the uniform? Thanks

Here is some more enlistment info on him. Looks like he enlisted before Pearl Harbor so the American defense is valid. Not sure about the star on the American defense though.

I would add the technician triangle and a technician badge

post-157567-0-66358100-1427393121.jpg

I know the stars probably aren't right but didn't want to remove the, I will get different ribbons to take there place. I have a triangle patch that I am going to put on as well. Will post pics when it's done. Thanks