My PT Flotilla

Steve D.

Nice models. I interviewed around 8 or 10 PT boat vets from all theaters of operations: Aleutians, Channel, Mediterranean, and South Pacific. One vet sent me over 100 images of his boat in the South Pacific which I scanned. Others sent along images as well. One of these days I want to turn all of those interviews into a book detailing their adventures.

Backtheattack

Nice looking work. PT boats are an interesting theme of it`s own. Think PT-109 is well known as boat from John F. Kennedy. Remember the movie when I looked at your models.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

My lastest addition. Early war 77 ft Elco. I purchased the model off epay. It was in need of restoration.

I added the windows on the cockpit, horn on the top of the cockpit, and the port holes. I also had to repaint it

and repair some minor damage. It's a 1940's era model sold by the Edward Piel Model company,

which is still in business today.

post-6837-0-76118900-1549570745.jpg

Excellent!!!!!! I plan to build the PT130 ‘ New guinea Kurd ‘ in honor of a dear friend Mickey Finn who served on her.

Thank you for showing your build, I am really anxious to start but WOW PT models are high.

Marty

• 2 months later...