Some of 1/48th scale completed aircraft builds

Waltz41

Very nice work.........is the checkerboard tail on the P-51B decal or painted? either or it's a fine job. Thanks for posting and keep 'em coming.

littlebuddy

Me too! Just wait....I got 'tons' haha!!

You know me !! looking forward to it !!! many thanks

LB

Cobrahistorian

Very nice stuff! I love the B-26! Do you hand paint your own nose art? I've done a few of my own, but always have a hellish time getting the lettering right.
Your 325th Mustang, isn't that the Accurate Miniatures kit and not the Tamiya?

Jon

Very nice work.........is the checkerboard tail on the P-51B decal or painted? either or it's a fine job. Thanks for posting and keep 'em coming.

Yellow painted, then black/clear decal. Hand painted, now that would be something! I'm sure some of the pros do that.

Very nice stuff! I love the B-26! Do you hand paint your own nose art? I've done a few of my own, but always have a hellish time getting the lettering right.

Your 325th Mustang, isn't that the Accurate Miniatures kit and not the Tamiya?

Jon

Jon, you are quite right. Nice spot :-) I have so many mustangs, I lose track! Was it the dorsal fin you caught? BTW, I have seen your stuff, on here as well as on ARC. You do some beautiful work. To answer your other question, no I have never done anything that didn't come premade as far as decals go. I have never attempted anything else. I can't imagine trying the lettering or anything!

I'm pretty sure this is the Hobbyboss kit, but it might be the Tamyia Wildcat. This was done several years ago. I had a major issue with the decals, as they went down 'hard' and really looked bad. I went with heavy weathering (but also as they were decals to an aircraft on Guadalcanal which I'm sure weather there took a beating on it).

post-89245-0-51974700-1426197358.jpg

Damn Antenna got knocked around a little bit :-) We moved over the summer, and man, what a pain transporting these. I literally had family members holding some of them during trips back and forth!!

post-89245-0-89666400-1426197466.jpg

Revell P-51B. I like to sometimes do some in a 'flying pose' as it gives me some extra space when displaying them, as well as just a different look.

post-89245-0-54818700-1426197777.jpg

The Revell kits have their issues and esp with some of the better companies out there, they are I feel often passed over. But for price, and if you are just building for fun and don't care that the exhaust sticks out 5 feet from fuselage etc :-) then they are just fine. Esp for me when I 'mount' them on a stick.

Thanks for looking again guys.

post-89245-0-32162900-1426197851.jpg

Cobrahistorian

Awesome stuff! Yeah, it was the fin fillet and the windscreen that caught my eye. I don't like the Acc Min windscreen, but I've got an affinity for P-51B/Cs with the fin fillet. When I was working on my "Mazie, Me and Monk", I took the Tamiya kit and grafted a Hasegawa P-51D tail on it instead of going with the Acc Min kit. Of course, I do love their Allison engine Mustangs!

Fantastic work, Waltz41! I love, love, love that P-39; it's always been one of my favorite warbirds. I developed my love of WW2 aviation building the old 1/48 Monogram kits as a kid. Seeing your work makes me want to go out and buy a kit now...but I'm not sure these 50 year old hands could do anything more than slap it together these days! :D

Monogram P-51B kit is still the best bang for your buck kit ever in my mind. It will always be my favorite kit. Like KVShelton I grew up on those kits. Ping pong table made a great carrier for the Monogram Cats as well as the SBD, TBF, Helldiver and Corsair. Lots of adventures with the droppable bombs and Torpedos :)

Can you still get that Monogram kit Dan ??

Yep, it's been reboxed a bunch of times. It's now a Revellogram kit since Revell took over Monogram. I've got 4 of them still on the shelf.

A bunch on eBay for cheap too. The 1/48th kit is the one I'm talking about. The 1/72nd is ok too, but the 1/48th is the one most of us 50 somethings grew up with

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Officer&_from=R40&_osacat=156417&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XMonogram+P-51B.TRS0&_nkw=Monogram+P-51B&ghostText=&_sacat=0

littlebuddy

Thanks Dan , I remember having the Airfix 1/24th P51 it was my first introduction to " blue nosers"

• 1 month later...
Sparty On

Nice builds! I have boxes and boxes of unbuilt WW2 planes and armor just collecting dust in my basement. I suppose it's time I build a few to share.

the330thbg

Nice builds! I have boxes and boxes of unbuilt WW2 planes and armor just collecting dust in my basement. I suppose it's time I build a few to share.

LOL.., I have the same thing in a storage unit here in NYC. Some of them date back to the mid-50's as they were my older brothers. I open them occasionally under the guise of building them.,. but my eyesight is not as good as it once was and I would need a magnifying glass to put them together.. so there they sit!

• 4 weeks later...