is this a WW2 era EGA?

Bearmon

This seems to be on a WW2 Overseas cap, it was on the Shop Goodwill site, It looks earlier than WW2 to me, can some of you experts comment on the era please? Thanks in advance

Bearmon

post-582-0-73721700-1425531784.jpg

i know the ones that have latitude and longitude are definitely pre-ww2 and were used during ww1
and thats about all my knowledge on EGAs lol

Pattern approved 1926, didn't see full integration until as late as 1930. Pattern was approved 1926-37, though some old salts continued to wear them into the war. Often called the 'China Marine emblem' due to the romance of the China Marines of the era, it was worn Corps wide and largely disliked since the drooped wings resemble a goonie bird more than an eagle. A couple of years ago before the China myth was well-known to be busted, these things flew off the shelves at stupid prices, they've balanced out since then but are still desirable emblems with many variants in design and hallmark

Yours appears to be standard issue

This one isn't mine, it went with another overseas cap and two 6 point caps for 52 bucks, I was cleaning up snow and forgot to bid..

I thought it was great looking EGA, Thanks for information, maybe I will see one again.