Bayo knuck knife - help pls?

siclfde

Morning guys,

Picked the below up at the SoS last week. Nice little rework of an old bayonet. In examining it, I found one on pg 67 of Bill Wrights fine book. Not exact, but very similar. In Bill's description, he calls out that a clue to the owner is the serial number stamped on the cross guard. Mine also has a number (0-1541850) stamped on the cross guard. When i bought the knife I just presumed (knowing very little about bayonets) that this was just some sort of identifying mark of the bayonet. If,in fact, that is a serial number, it would seem to me that there must have been a maker of these knives, rather than them being home made one offs.

So can any of you bayonet guys out there tell me if this is a bayonet numbering system? Any body else have any like this??

post-8804-0-62866800-1425398390.jpg

I'll try to post another pic as system doesnt seem to let me post 2 pics

It could take some time but you could look him up in the official army register. The number is the same as an enlisted service number; however, this appears to be an officer. Their numbers started with o-etc. O-1541850 I hope that helps.

Nice knife. I have one very similar.

Does yours have a SN (if that is what it is) stamped on it. If it does, can you tell me what it is? Thanks

It could take some time but you could look him up in the official army register. The number is the same as an enlisted service number; however, this appears to be an officer. Their numbers started with o-etc. O-1541850 I hope that helps.

Thanks - didn't know that resource existed.