Electronic Countermeasures Patch

River Patrol

River Patrol

I really like the scene on this patch but I have no idea what unit used it...do you?

EC.jpg

firefighter

Looks like a patch used by the EWO, Electronic Warfare Officer, on an aircraft.Not sure if it's Air Force or Navy.Shows the Pacific area.Probably Japanese made.

River Patrol

I agree Firefighter.....it's a non-specific type of patch (no unit designation)....but could it be a land-based operations....see how the "einstein"-looking guy is holding the plane as if protecting it.

Some of the North Korean Mig-15's had a red nose. I don't know if they ended up in Vietnam or not. It definitely shows the release of electronic counter measures protecting the US plane. The map is the key also.

Mitch

Patchcollector

I don't think thats a Mig.I think it's suppose to be a SAM.

I agree FF that it most likely some type of missile.The Asians were notoriously bad at times depicting A/C designs and other details.

River Patrol

It looks like one of the arrows is pointing to North Vietnam.

The "arrow" is the take-off point of the SAM and it appears to be coming from China. That may or may not be significant. This could be a post Vietnam war patch.

firefighter

The "arrow" is the take-off point of the SAM and it appears to be coming from China. That may or may not be significant. This could be a post Vietnam war patch.

Could have something to do with the SR-71/U-2 missions over China?

Patchcollector

In my experience I've noticed that when a specific place is going to be referred to on a patch design,actual names are usually placed into the design,e.g;North Vietnam,China,etc..,so I'm not placing any special significance on a specific location for the patch shown other than the person being in North America and the missile being in Asia.