Questions on post-war U.S. Army Ike Jacket

Gumshoe

Picked up this enlisted Ike Jacket at a local antique shop and have a few questions. You can see that at some point several things have been removed from the jacket. There is ghosting on the liner of both sleeves where stripes were removed, and on the liner of the right upper shoulder, looks like maybe a 95th Division (or possibly a 98th Division) SSI was removed, leaving a pretty nice bevo 1st Division patch that appears original to the uniform. Curious why someone would leave arguably the nicest patch on the jacket, as well as a sterling CIB and PH/BS ribbon bar, and remove mundane things like stripes, service bars, hash marks, etc. Philly QM tag in inner pocket, no name, but has a laundry mark (see photos). I have no way of knowing if the CIB and ribbon bar are original to the uniform. What's the latest wisdom on restoring a jacket like this by adding a missing SSI or stripes? Or should I just leave it be? Thanks in advance.

Mark

post-129920-0-06028400-1425141864.jpg

Is the CIB a non-sterling type with a separately applied gun? If so, that wouldn't be correct for the period this Ike is supposed to be from. The lack of Victory Medal ribbon seems odd in this instance ( Ike with German-made Occupation era 1st Inf Div patch).

As the Ike already looks to have been a bit messed with, were it me, I would restore it to something correctly representative of the early Occupation era.

Is the CIB a non-sterling type with a separately applied gun? If so, that wouldn't be correct for the period this Ike is supposed to be from. The lack of Victory Medal ribbon seems odd in this instance ( Ike with German-made Occupation era 1st Inf Div patch).

As the Ike already looks to have been a bit messed with, were it me, I would restore it to something correctly representative of the early Occupation era.

CIB is sterling CB type.

CIB is sterling CB type.

That's the correct one then. Adding disks, chevrons, DUI's hashmarks and stripes would make for a nice restoration. You could get everything you need for less than $25 if you shop around.