Korean/Vietnam Sniper Jacket!

439th Signal Battalion

439th Signal Battalion

I got an early morning chuckle with this one. Who knew (sarcasm intended) an Italian uniform could also be a Korean-Vietnam War 1st Infantry Sniper's Combat Field Jacket, used in war and straight from the vet's footlocker at an estate sale?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korean-Vietnam-War-US-ARMY-1st-Infantry-Camouflage-Snipers-Combat-Field-Jacket-/251817364700?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa17c0cdc

Then again, there is always the possibility that a vet/individual did in fact sew on the CIB and 1st ID SSI and wear it from time to time after the service...

post-4009-0-97938900-1424780653.jpg

When I was in the National Guard they had a group of guys who were aggressors at summer camp. They wore various uniform pieces including Italian, I don't know if any had sewn insignia on their costume. The only time I saw them dressed up, there was a truck load going the other way on a road out in the field.

I was involved in a group of re enactors 30 years ago who were allowed as aggressors to fight against the army national guard, talk about fun. We wore anything we wanted, but we were not active military. Still I don't know how they could call that What they are...it is funny......