T-5 / T-7 static line

garison44

Hello collectors.

I'm looking for a white or OD T-5/T-7 static line. It must be original.

I bought a mint, 1944 dated original T-5 Parachute main pack with OD harness, but the static line is torn. I'd like to relpace it with a good one.

A satic line can be without a metal hook cause I've got one.

I'd be gratefull for any help.

market garden
Hello collectors.

I'm looking for a white or OD T-5/T-7 static line. It must be original.

I bought a mint, 1944 dated original T-5 Parachute main pack with OD harness, but the static line is torn. I'd like to relpace it with a good one.

A satic line can be without a metal hook cause I've got one.

I'd be gratefull for any help.

I am also looking for parachute parts but I need theT-5 parachute main pack and harness I have the chest pack (with camo chute) and the static line. Good

luck in finding what you need.

Market garden

hello,

Thanks for help guys.

I need 15 feet long static line. The most common used for T-5 Parachutes.

It was made from OD or white canvas webbing. Both are correct. I'd prefer a white one but OD is also good for late models.

• 2 months later...

Garison,

have you considered making up a static line from original parts? The hooks are sourceable, and the webbing too if you know where to look. You could have the stitching done by a saddle maker, maybe even by a cobbler?

Of course if you are just looking to find an all original static line thats not an option.

And please, show us pictures of your original T-5, we really lack info on them on the forum!!

Regards,

Stijn

hello,

The static line of my parachute is torn in 2 places so I'm looking for a better condition one.

The parachute pack and harness are almost mint condition. No signs of use. The hook has never been hooked.

I think this parachute was stored for many years before it was put on Ebay auction. I purchased this unique item. When I got the package I realised that the parachute pack and harness are almost mint. I couldn't believe my eyes. 22 May 1944 dated set became a most valuable item in my collection. Before this purchase I bought a reserve parachute and now I have a great set.

Unfortunatelly I'm still missing an original main canopy. But I'm still looking forward to buy it. ;)

Maciej

Johan Willaert
22 May 1944 dated set became a most valuable item in my collection.

That's the date of the Pull Out Cover.

What's the marking on the main pack? Stitched label or printed on the pack side itself?

Who's the manufacturer of the main pack?

Do you see any numbers on your harness' lower straps, in between layers of straps?

I don't see any of the white small cross-stitches that hold the pack to the harness. I would have expected to see them here.

hello Johan

There is a black ink stamp on the harness "saddle" which says it was manufactured by Irving Air Chute Co. The date is also 22 May 1944.

I will paste some more photos later.

There is no data plate stiched to the side of the pack. I can't see any signs of stich so I think the only manufacture sign is a stamp on the harness.

There is a well known book: The World War II GI US Army Uniforms 1941-45 in Colour Photographs

There is a T-5 parachute picture in the book and that is exactly the same I have.

Johan Willaert

Thanks for your answers.

What are the odds of having a harness bearing the exact same Date of Manufacture as the pull out panel?

I would be very hesitant of a pack which bears no manufacturer's label or stamp.

My Normandy jumped rig has a large black stamp on one of the side flaps, marked by the Reliance Company, along with a 1943 date. I would expect to see either a stamp or stitched on label on a WW2 made pack.

The items used in the book you refer to, were not all original. The living 'mannequin' in full jump gear in those pictures in the book is Bruce Gunn, who is a member of this board.

I have asked him to check out this topic and what he knows about those chutes.

JOhan

Hi,

Please ask Bruce. I wonder to know what is the story of those packs.

What is more, my pack and the one from the book have specific signature, ink written: WB M7733 ( You can see it on the photo, above the log book pocket ). The same signature is on my reserve pack. Do You know what WB means?

Maciej

Johan,

As You know there were several manufacturers of T-5 Parachutes during WW2.

Maybe not all of them put a stiched plate or large stamp on the main pack. Maybe IRVING AIR CHUTE CO. used to stamp the chutes on harness ang pull out panel only.

Maciej

This is one of those late-style T-5 Irving Chutes that were never completed and issue to the US Army, and all came from a film-prop supply company.

It is believed that although they are made from original WWII-era T-5 parts, they were completed by the film-prop company (if I remember rightly the "WB" marking has some bearing on this), but were then never used.

This is why they have never had a chute fitted, nor are the chest-strap triangles properly sewn into place with the thick white cord, nor is the main pack properly sewn into place onto the harness with the thick white cord.

All are marked with Irving, all miraculously May 1944 stamped. Does this one have a blue-coloured 42-xxxxx number stencilled onto the upper flap of the main pack tray by any chance?

Cheers,

Glen.

Johan Willaert

Yes, Glenn, those crossed my mind too, especially after seeing the cross-over strap at the back of the shoulders.

A lot of them were sold by Belgian dealer Vernimmen (QM Depot) about 4 years ago.

I remember discussing those rigs on several forums back then.