MARS Task Force Grouping

tarheeltim

This is a recently obtained grouping from the son of a local MARS Task Force veteran. William E. Critcher Jr served in the 1st Platoon (3rd Squad), Company I, of the 475th Infantry Regiment. He was originally assigned to the 97th Infantry Division before being sent to the AGF Replacement Depot No. 1 at Fort Meade MD in April 1944. From there he was shipped to the CBI theater, joining the 475th Infantry Regiment.

post-154764-0-10590700-1424138983.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have a nice little group to a guy that was in a battery of the 612th FA and attached to the 475th. Very cool stuff. Butch L

dave peifer

very nice group,glad to see the black felt as a backing in the mount.have always done mine like that,really makes the items stand out..................dave

Garandomatic

Very cool. My great great uncle was with their field artillery unit. They still darned with horses here, so it apparently seemed natural to the army to send him to the CBI to be a muleskinner.

That is a sweet group.Is the Purple Heart or Bronze Star named?

Unfortunately, none of the medals are named.

• 3 years later...

This is so cool! My grandfather was in the 97th before transferring to the Marauders in early 43' ( was an original member 3rd Battalion if I remember correctly). I have been looking for a 97th ID uniform to add to my collection for this reason.