Walt Disney Artwork

USMC1371

This is an awesome piece of WW2 Walt Disney artwork that hung in Gopher Ordnance Works in Rosemount, MN until the plant was decommissioned in 1945-1946. GOW made smokeless powder that was used on Naval 16" guns and such. Edward Hutchinson worked for Dupont during the decommissioning of GOW and this original artwork was thumbtacked to his wall at the Dupont Belle WV plant until he retired in the 1980's. I secured this piece from his grandson this week. This piece was NOT drawn and signed by Walt Disney - he commissioned Harry Porter to draw and sign for him. This piece is not in the Disney war art book - because honestly until now it does not exist. Still a cool one of a kind concept piece. The grandson had it professionally framed to preserve it

post-8330-0-04002500-1424044661.jpg

Way cool!! I still hike around GOW every once in a while. The ruins are still there, though most of the open spaces are used for agricultural research by the University of Minnesota. Last time I was down there I found a few hand grenade spoons (the guard trained there in the 60s/70s).

• 3 months later...

This is a great piece. I saw it at the Louisville show and it is awesome. I collect Disney wwii items and Hank Porter artwork is very rare.