• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Patriot

Patriot
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,801
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

As some of you might know, I am very much into Metal Detecting (Mostly hunt for gold and silver). I was detecting at a ball field next to an American Legion post, and BINGO! About an inch down into the soil I found a set of Jump wings, with the clutches still intact. It was sandy, dry soil, which might account for their good condition.

I don't think that they are too old - any idea as to when these might date? Marked Sterling on the back, with 12C. These are likely going up for sale in the FS section, but I would like to get an accurate date on them first.

I will hopefully be detecting an old 18th Century homestead (Just cellar and foundation remaining) within the next couple weeks. I wonder if I will be as lucky? http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/w00t.gif

Patriot

Attached Images

• Jump1.JPG
  • Jump2.JPG

#2 Captainofthe7th

Captainofthe7th
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,190
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

I think they're Korean era. I have a pair like that with the silver pimple clutches and they were ID'd as Korean War era..

Great find!!

Rob

#3 Tonomachi

Tonomachi
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,389
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

I believe your paratrooper wing was manufactured by the following company (12C) in the mid to late 1960s:

Coro (Cohn & Rosenberger), New York, NY/provenance, RI. (12C)

#4 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:39 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users