WWII 101st Vet Photo Negatives Developed

MasonK

Its amazing what can be found in a negative! Do you know who the Veteran is ? Thanks for posting!

Indeed! I actually have 4 more roles to transfer of photos he took stateside. Those are 35mm, so a bit more time consuming.

These are from a vet whose grouping I acquired, which is discussed here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/227870-father-wwii-101st-ab-son-vn-usaf-grouping/

By the way, if anyone wants to see any close-ups, I'd be more than happy to post them.

One of my favorites from this group is the MP with the 101st decal on the front of his helmet.

post-29885-0-70439400-1422650754.jpg

Amazing photos! I would love to see more, but only if you want to post them of course.

-Dave

Thanks, Dave. Once I get the stateside photos scanned, I'll post them here. He was initially with the 4th Infantry Division and all appear to be from his time in that division.

Great photos! Can't wait to see more. The Life magazine the trooper's holding is from April 16th 1945...doesn't mean a whole lot-could be an old issue at the time of the photo.

Great photos! Can't wait to see more. The Life magazine the trooper's holding is from April 16th 1945...doesn't mean a whole lot-could be an old issue at the time of the photo.

Thanks, Fstop! I'm thinking it's an old issue. He arrived overseas in June 1944 and shipped home in October 1945. Based on the date, these would have been taken on the voyage home.

Stunning..

Historical and significant pictures.. The 101st found a lot of captured art and liberated a lot of the stolen pictures... Incredible historical pictures..

Leigh

Stunning..

Historical and significant pictures.. The 101st found a lot of captured art and liberated a lot of the stolen pictures... Incredible historical pictures..

Leigh

Thanks, Leigh.