1944 "See Action Now! With the Submarine Service"

hhbooker2

Military Ephemera  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What branch pf the Armed Forces is your favourite?

• U.S. Air Service/Air Corps/Air Force
    • U.S. Army
    • U.S. Marine Corps
    • U.S. Maritime Service
    • U.S. Navy
    • U.S. Public Health Service
    • U.S. Revenue Cutter Service/Coast Guard
    • Write in branch not listed above
    • All of the above
    • I just can't make up my mind?

In 1944 the Department of the Navy had the U.S. Government Printington Office in Washington, D.C. print this 18-page brochure titled: "SEE ACTION NOW! With the Submarine Service." It certain attracted sailors from all throughout the United States Navy who went to Groton's Submarine Training School near New London, Connecticut. I was there that year too as a "Navy Brat," my sister's father was a Chief Petty Officer (Electrician's Mate) in the "Silent Service" from 1934's service in Asia as a "China Sailor" until he was medically discharged in 1949 due to T.B. and later he moved from Camp Gordon, Georgia where he taught soldiers in the Army Signal Corps courses in the science of electricity, then he moved to the Sixth Naval District and worked in Shop 51 as a master electrician in Charleston, South Carolina for the next 20-odd years before retiring from U.S. Civil Service and then joined the U.S. Maritime Service and retired from there too - by the time he was 65, he collected monthly benefit cheques from Social Security, the U.S. Navy, U.S. Civil Service, and the U.S. Maritime Service - he was always broke before the end of the month and ran up a "beer tab" at the local beer joints in Warrenton, Georgia where he lived alone in a housetrailer in a trailer park, probably one such park where many residents appeared later on The Jerry Springer Show? His nickname was "Lucky" because he was transferred from the La Guarta, Trigger, Wahoo, and other subs that were sunk afterward. This brochure that MUSTANG GUY got is really priceless, what are the odds of acquiring one and in such great coition too? I want to thank Mustang Guy, a true Navy collector who does credit to our hobby, he has some of the nicest rarest rates from 1886 to 1945 I've ever laid eyes upon, all I can say is - WOW! :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected])

post-837-1215974160.jpg

post-837-1215974179.jpg

Pages 23 and 24. :) Hope that you've enjoyed seeing this great 1944 brochure on the Submarine Service of the United States Navy in war time. I know I certainly liked it and thank Mustang Guy for making it possible to see here. Remember! Be sure to vote in the Forum Polls - Democracy counts! :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected])

post-837-1216063515.jpg

post-837-1216063529.jpg