WWII Leggings? MINT CONDITION

stealthytyler

stealthytyler

I picked up these leggings for a great price. Not sure if they are reproduction or "new old stock"? They are in almost perfect condition... REAL or REPRO? Thanks!

post-131595-0-68298200-1422142820.jpg

Yes, the prefix is N140s which is the US Navy Purchasing Department Washington DC. You will note the additional series of numbers after the dash N140s-#####-#####, this was added to further define the procurement process to the pencil pushers instituted in 1946 or 1947 cannot recall which off the top of my head. I will have to re-find it in the Bureau of Supplies & Accounts manual I have. If it did not have this set of additional numbers it would be most probable to be WWII but because it does it is most certainly post WWII.

According to this thread below, these leggings were manufactured in April/May of 1944...correct?

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1590-us-navy-contracts/

I created that thread. Because of the additional set of numbers it now changes the ball game and defaults that information in the thread and resets.

As Dustin said, these are 1950s contracted USN leggings. Probably from 1952-55, but that is a guess on my part.

Actually, 1950s Navy leggings are not all that common; at least no where near as common as WWII examples in my experience.

RC