Rero USMC camo jelmet cover

turmanator

• 4 weeks later...

I have one by At the Front...I've been told by a WWII USMC reenactor that it's one of the best repros out there.

I compared it to an original I have, and it's pretty close...ish, but the colors are off to the one I have. I know someone who soaks/stains them in a "secret brew" and it's supposed to make them look better. As with all ATF's HBT stuff, you need to wash it many, many times (like maybe 10 times!) as it has some kind of sizing in it that keeps it stiff.

I got mine on sale, so I was very happy with it (I need to get it aged more); I'd wait to purchase it with a larger order or get together with a local friend or two, as shipping is expensive with ATF on small orders.

• 2 months later...

WWII Impressions is very good. I set it outside in the summer sun for two weeks, flipped it inside out and did the same for another two weeks, and it started to fade quite nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
abqpropguy

WWII Impressions is very good. I set it outside in the summer sun for two weeks, flipped it inside out and did the same for another two weeks, and it started to fade quite nicely.

Very cool....I had not known of WWII Impressions before!!