Young & Co of Auckland, NZ aircrew wing

mghcal

Since the eBay auction is over I thought I'd ask if any other collector has an idea of where and when this wing was made. It's marked what looks like Young and Co Auckland. Is that Auckland New Zealand or is it Bishop Auckland UK? I never thought there were wings made in NZ. Very interesting wing and hoping someone on the forum was the high bidder.

Maybe someone else will attach the photos for posterity. I'm a bit computer handicapped at the moment...

I did a quick search, and apparently Young & Co was in fact a New Zealand Jeweler. They are known to have made badges during WWI and I found this...

http://www.boltmail.co.nz/boltmail/display.php?List=1873&N=5587

Go down about half way. Even provide a nice picture of what seems to be a similar badge.

Yep, someone got themselves a nice deal!

Thanks Cliff for helping with photos. That's the one Patrick and some great detective work. I wonder if they made other ratings as well? Do you guys have photos of their ww1 wings as I'd never seen one of those either. Congrats to the buyer that was a great score!

This has turned into a very informative thread! Thank you Mike, Cliff and Patrick for bringing this unknown hallmark to life! Are there any other New Zealand based jewelry companies responsible for making USAAF badges and insignia during WWII?

• 4 years later...