HELP IDENTIFY WWII Field Jacket?

stealthytyler

stealthytyler

Hello,

I just recently purchased an amazing grouping from a fellow member. I am unable to identify what type of jacket this is? THE JACKET IS NOT HBT. It has the 13 start buttons but on the shoulder flaps has plastic buttons. There seems to have been name tags on above each breast pocket but have been removed. It also looks like the cuffs on the jacket are a different color than the rest of the jacket...looks to be a brown color. Anyone have an idea what this is??? The original owner of this jacket was in a naval beach battalion during WWII...not sure if he wore it or if its post-war? THANKS!

post-131595-0-35470700-1421458192.jpg

post-131595-0-82135200-1421458232.jpg

Captainofthe7th

Looks like an OG-107 shirt with 13 star buttons. Probably one of the earliest production runs of the shirt. I think they appeared around 1954, those with the metal buttons using up old stock. The shoulder loops are a tailor added extra, very common for the era.

Rob

stealthytyler

Looks like an OG-107 shirt with 13 star buttons. Probably one of the earliest production runs of the shirt. I think they appeared around 1954, those with the metal buttons using up old stock. The shoulder loops are a tailor added extra, very common for the era.

Rob

The cuffs are hbt. Is that normal for this shirt?

The cuffs are hbt. Is that normal for this shirt?

The cuffs were added.

Typically this model of shirt had a finnished sleeve with no buttons or adjustments.

Personal modification.Was common during he perod to add the shoulder straps,a pencil pocket on the sleeve etc.

Lengthen the sleeves ans also create a button cuff would be my thinking.Gu may have had long arms