Whats THE coolest Navy SEAL modern patches ?

kammo-man

USMarineCorps

"Zone5tacair" sold a few examples of the patch shown above a couple of months ago (last one went for over $100).

According to him, it dates from 2008-2009 and would have been designed by Mark Owen or Tony Repinski...

USMarineCorps

Here's the old silver squadron design (2009 era) and the new one. I was told the patch was meant to incorporate the blue squadron's pirate, the red squadron's tomahawks and the gold squadron's crusader sword. Pretty neat design!

post-54106-0-53216800-1476292202_thumb.jpg

USMarineCorps

Here are some more from Afghanistan. I believe these came from Bagram (have the info written down somewhere). I do think that the one on the left was not procured by the team though. It's more likely an in-country reproduction of a notorious patch...

post-54106-0-74530000-1476293272_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
USMarineCorps

Here's my personal favorite: NSWG-3 SEAL Delivery Vehicle patch and the two shirts that were made for the guys.

They made a couple of different Jack Daniels-based designs but this one was preferred over the others and worn on the AOR2 shirts.

One of the shirts is brand new, the other one is used and has the original owner's name on the label.

They also made a coin bearing this particular design.

post-54106-0-33709100-1477911979.jpg

The coolest seal team patch is not any of the modern patches but what could be considered the very first seal patch and that is the patch for Rogers Raiders and in my opinion the rarest of all!

post-565-0-14946300-1478015819_thumb.jpeg

USMarineCorps

Here is a patch lacking detail so it is hard to make out what it is supposed to be. My guess is that they saw this being worn on a uniform and did their best to copy it.

Worn by NSW operators (team unknown) during JSOTF-P

post-54106-0-38489800-1478359910.png

Here is an interesting patch that I purchased a while ago on eBay. The green dragon is holding what looks like a Navy Seal Trident in its right foot. Then there is TEAM VI that could refer to Seal Team 6. However if you can believe what they print on the Internet the original Seal Team 6 was disbanded in 1987 and another team referred to as DEVGRU took its place and has since been renamed something else. The patch has what looks like MED CRUISE on the side of some sort of USN ship with 94 or 1994 Mediterranean Cruise. There is a CH-47 Chinook helicopter and on the yellow sack the dragon is carrying over its shoulder is written in tiny letters US MAIL. I have no idea what is in the left foot of this dragon but looks like some sort of red baton with maybe a cargo net dangling underneath. The term RENEGADES is or was used by VF-24. This patch measures almost 5 inches across. Any ideas what this is?

post-1389-0-19085400-1478403217.jpg

post-1389-0-81997900-1478403232.jpg

post-1389-0-60192000-1478403244.jpg

Here is an interesting patch that I purchased a while ago on eBay. The green dragon is holding what looks like a Navy Seal Trident in its right foot. Then there is TEAM VI that could refer to Seal Team 6. However if you can believe what they print on the Internet the original Seal Team 6 was disbanded in 1987 and another team referred to as DEVGRU took its place and has since been renamed something else. The patch has what looks like MED CRUISE on the side of some sort of USN ship with 94 or 1994 Mediterranean Cruise. There is a CH-47 Chinook helicopter and on the yellow sack the dragon is carrying over its shoulder is written in tiny letters US MAIL. I have no idea what is in the left foot of this dragon but looks like some sort of red baton with maybe a cargo net dangling underneath. The term RENEGADES is or was used by VF-24. This patch measures almost 5 inches across. Any ideas what this is?

No idea what it is, but after the ROGERS RAIDERS that is the coolest.

USMarineCorps

Very cool! That is definitely something I haven't seen before. It appears there are not a lot of fan of these modern SEAL patches. I'll post some more pics soon of some more 'obscure' patches that most people haven't seen before...

USMarineCorps

Probably just coincidental as I bought this patch back in 2012.

According to the article it was based on a true story that happened in 1995. So perhaps there could be a link? It's definitely a long shot...

According to the article it was based on a true story that happened in 1995. So perhaps there could be a link? It's definitely a long shot...

The patch has '94' which I assumed meant 1994.Really digging the patch. It has so much going for it and wayyyy before the Teams starting making 'novelty' patches, especially for ST-6( so secret ). So i bet there are a very limited number out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a patch lacking detail so it is hard to make out what it is supposed to be. My guess is that they saw this being worn on a uniform and did their best to copy it.

This patch is most definitely a patch pirate's guesstimate of a SEAL PLT patch that was worn on a Philippine deployment.I have seen the real deal and have a photo of it.I will figure out how best to edit them then post.

This patch is most definitely a patch pirate's guesstimate of a SEAL PLT patch that was worn on a Philippine deployment.I have seen the real deal and have a photo of it.I will figure out how best to edit them then post.

post-5515-0-31547600-1480162666_thumb.jpg