Whats THE coolest Navy SEAL modern patches ?

kammo-man

I'm curious to see some of these modern Seal Team patches myself which I stopped searching for a number of years ago due to all of the copies on the market. In my opinion unless you get one of these morale patches from the team member himself there is no real way of determining if it is original. There are people both in Asia and Europe that have been copying these morale patches for years now. They have also been copied overseas in the Middle East. I know this because I purchased one from a serving active duty soldier who had a photograph of a colored morale patch which he had copied but made in desert tan colors. So it was made in country by a similar embroidery company that provides patches for the military overseas that set up near military bases. These copies are all over eBay. The people who are making these patches also search the Internet for group photographs of Seal Teams where they are able to manufacture a patch from a single photo of a team member wearing a particular newly discovered morale patch.

Patchcollector

I'm curious to see some of these modern Seal Team patches myself which I stopped searching for a number of years ago due to all of the copies on the market. In my opinion unless you get one of these morale patches from the team member himself there is no real way of determining if it is original. There are people both in Asia and Europe that have been copying these morale patches for years now. They have also been copied overseas in the Middle East. I know this because I purchased one from a serving active duty soldier who had a photograph of a colored morale patch which he had copied but made in desert tan colors. So it was made in country by a similar embroidery company that provides patches for the military overseas that set up near military bases. These copies are all over eBay. The people who are making these patches also search the Internet for group photographs of Seal Teams where they are able to manufacture a patch from a single photo of a team member wearing a particular newly discovered morale patch.

Yeah and the guys from the teams are probably buying them from the same sellers that the collectors are :lol:

"Cheap Charlie" redux? ^_^

Ok, since none of these patches are regulation, all are cranked out by any one with an embroidery machine and sold to any one who eill buy them, what makes one an "Original"? After all, aren't they all just made up and knock offs?

I would love to own an original worn Seal Team morale patch but I don't know any Seals. I'm pretty sure if you took one of the better copies and placed it next to an original morale patch most team members wouldn't be able to tell them apart as they aren't into this hobby like we are. Here is an example where I believe the people who copy Seal Team morale patches got it wrong as they didn't have a close up picture (now they do) of a possible original patch and made copies based on photos of team members wearing one on their uniforms. The tan patch was made overseas in the Middle East. What I don't know is if it came from the same embroidery shop where the original ones were made for the specific Seal Team. So I really don't know for sure if this patch was an overrun by the same embroidery shop or copied by another embroidery shop in the Middle East. This is why unless you get the patch from the team member you will never know if it is an original morale patch. The other two patches were being sold by someone out of Hong Kong. When you see different colors used in the same design and being sold by the same person it is a clue that they are probably all copies as well as everything else they are selling.

post-1389-0-46820600-1421471025.jpg

post-1389-0-91839800-1421471042.jpg

post-1389-0-04697700-1421471060.jpg

Here is a patch lacking detail so it is hard to make out what it is supposed to be. My guess is that they saw this being worn on a uniform and did their best to copy it.

post-1389-0-02668200-1421471268.jpg

Here is a patch lacking detail so it is hard to make out what it is supposed to be. My guess is that they saw this being worn on a uniform and did their best to copy it.

That looks to me like a Viking or possibly a rendition of Odin. I know there was TF Odin.

USMarineCorps

I have a couple really nice ones but hesitant to post them. One of them came straight from a SEAL team member and other ones are from vets who got them at sewing shops in Iraq/ Afghanistan. Maybe i'll post a pic in a couple of days.

• 3 weeks later...
USMarineCorps

So I have this one, an Iraqi made SEAL team 5, Bravo platoon patch. Probably the most common platoon patch (but then again, what's common when it comes to genuine SEAL patches?!)

post-54106-0-05026400-1423162073.jpg

USMarineCorps

Next up, I got a patch that has been ID'd as "SEAL Team 3, no idea what the "one" stands for though. Probably one of the most often faked designs, but his one was acquired straight from the vet (certain parts obliterated to discourage further copying).

post-54106-0-91792800-1423162348.jpg

USMarineCorps

This is probably one of my favorites; a patch locally made in Djibouti (camp Lemonnier) for Joint Special Task Force - East Africa, which existed of different SOF units, including NSW. Another design that has been reproduced, so I obliterated some parts.

post-54106-0-52838800-1423162687.jpg

USMarineCorps

Here's another one that was acquired straight from the vet; this patch was made in the US for one of his tours in Afghanistan. I've never seen this design before, so I obliterated a part of the patch to prevent it from being copied.

post-54106-0-18275400-1423162927.jpg

USMarineCorps

Some more generic Afghan made NSW (some could also just be USSF) patches, acquired from different sources in A'stan.

The british flag one puzzles me; maybe made up for a co-op of SAS and SEAL operators?

post-54106-0-28403500-1423163048.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm hesitant to display any theater made patches due to the repo guys out there as many of you have pointed out. But here is one, not exactly a team patch but still nice. from Kandahar Afghanistan I have made a small modification to the design.

post-1604-0-19979800-1476063520.jpg