• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 hawkdriver

hawkdriver
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,549
  • 8,038 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:54 PM

Prior to Bush declaring the end of major combat, you could bring things home, but when he did that, the sovereignty of Iraq was declared, so no more "war trophies" No individual can bring a weapon home legally, but recognized museums can sign for captured weapons.

Here's the one I wish I could have smuggled home

Posted Image

#27 bphealey

bphealey
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,983
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:19 AM

but recognized museums can sign for captured weapons.

how does one become "this"

Hell, I'll sign! :lol:

#28 shrapneldude

shrapneldude
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,424
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

Those clowns do have a LOT of wild stuff in the way of guns! Seen a broomhandle mauser, german lugers, K98s etc.

We had Marine Tankers roll over them before we blew them up. How does the army dispose of captured weapons once they're cataloged?

Very, very sad indeed. Must've seen over $20,000 worth of old Nazi, American, and Russian firearms destroyed...

#29 SilverbackMP

SilverbackMP
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,534
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

Those clowns do have a LOT of wild stuff in the way of guns! Seen a broomhandle mauser, german lugers, K98s etc.

We had Marine Tankers roll over them before we blew them up. How does the army dispose of captured weapons once they're cataloged?

Very, very sad indeed. Must've seen over $20,000 worth of old Nazi, American, and Russian firearms destroyed...

I had took a browning high power 9mm with tangent sites off of somebody in OIF 1. Ended up giving it to my interpreter because I couldn't get it home.

#30 Gregory

Gregory
  • Members
    • Member ID: 75
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

Prior to Bush declaring the end of major combat, you could bring things home, but when he did that, the sovereignty of Iraq was declared, so no more "war trophies" No individual can bring a weapon home legally, but recognized museums can sign for captured weapons.

Here's the one I wish I could have smuggled home

Posted Image

What a compact equipment, two or three in one. I would patent it. When mag is empty we may use it as a heliograph gear to call evacuation helicopter. If possibility of capturing in enemy's hands is close it may be used as a golden bribe allowing to escape.

Genius gear, really genius gear. http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/bravo.gif

#31 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,506
  • 17,213 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

I recall reading that the two sons of Saddam had a thing for exotic guns, and had ordered gold plated AK-47's. It would be interesting to know if this was one of them.

All the more proof the country is better off without them.

#32 Camp_Kearny

Camp_Kearny
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,856
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

I spoke to a reservist who was in Iraq during the summer of 2003 and he stated that his unit came upon a cache of "WWII British sub-machine guns" and that each Humvee was equiped with one for close in defense. He called them Stens but then described a curved magazine so I think he was talking about Sterling sub-machine guns. He said they shot great (again most likely Sterlings) and used 9mm which they could get ammo for. I know it is not US exactly but still interesting.

#33 Guest_rat patrol_*

Guest_rat patrol_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

Wildest toy I saw was a MP44....in pretty good condition.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users