Instant Collection if you have the money

bayonetman

Killer deal!

81 knives for only $1,000 each, plus "the holy grail of knife collecting; a REAL (ISSUED) Marine Raider knife for a measly $14K! :rolleyes:

Did anyone notice that the letter did not actually say the Raider knife was authentic, only that it was consistent with other Raider knives. For that kind of money I think I'd want more to the story.

did you notice his other listing:

Mouse over image to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell now

Details about Fine Art Models M5A1 Stewart Tank MINT Military Metal Vehicle Collect USA RARE

for only $10,500.00 an others to be listed later. What is his scam

GB-Thanks for doing the math. I was thinking of doing it when I saw your post. Suspect a bunch of us considered it. Little over priced. SKIP

He's selling it for another gentlemen and refuses to split anything up. He's located where I grew up and only a 3.5 hour drive from here. If he would split up and consider reason Id make the trip to see what's all there in person. But $1200/knife and $1200 for an M8 scabbard won't happen.

i think the guy doesn't really want to sell in this case so he sets the price so high that you'd have to be insane to buy it... like alot of people at swap meets and military shows lol

I know this thread is getting old and I'm a couple of days late and lots of dollars short but I would think for that kind of money the seller would post at least one good photo of the details of the knife/knives. Just some thought for future sellers who want top dollar for their items.

• 2 weeks later...

He seems to think because a mint blade dated robeson m3 sold for $1750, all his m3s are worth $1750 each. I don't think these knives will ever leave the fellows collection.

Price reduced to $65,000 and photos are available on request. eBay limits photos to 12 so they cannot post more on the listing.

A couple of us, just for fun, tried to work out what a fair retail might be providing all of them are in very good plus condition or better, and that the lousy description is a common version of the knife. We came up with a fair RETAIL of about $40,000. Sold as a group, it is likely that only a dealer or person who planned to resell at least a fair number of them, and that would probably reduce a reasonable offer to about $25,000.

Price reduced to $65,000 and photos are available on request. eBay limits photos to 12 so they cannot post more on the listing.

A couple of us, just for fun, tried to work out what a fair retail might be providing all of them are in very good plus condition or better, and that the lousy description is a common version of the knife. We came up with a fair RETAIL of about $40,000. Sold as a group, it is likely that only a dealer or person who planned to resell at least a fair number of them, and that would probably reduce a reasonable offer to about $25,000.

well at least hes getting closer

Bayonetman, I did the same and came up to about $30k vs $40k based on what I thought they'd realistically go for on ebay. But that's just my opinion, some may go quite more than I estimated if 2 people just had to have them and if that were the case I agree that $40k would be the absolute limit. I would imagine for the lot a reseller would want to be in them $15k-$20k given the current market and environment to be on the safe side.

Today it caught my eye again with the buy it now price up to a quarter of a million dollars!!! Scroll down to a new message from the seller regarding the sale of these knives.

I'm only posting this incase some may find it interesting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221655084281?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT