The One That Got Away

jim_mi

It occurred to me that I never posted this “one that got away”. I tried to contact the seller as soon as I saw the listing, but he responded that it had been sold to another buyer for $350.00!!

It’s been more than two years but I still think about it. I believe you will too…

Jim

post-60452-0-11818500-1420754137.jpg

post-60452-0-19367500-1420754303.jpg

NICE Taylor Huff with original scabbard.

MISSED ONE A FEW YEARS BACK MYSELF.Guy at a show had one and sold it and never contacted me.He sold it less than What I offered.

thetrenchman1918

out of curiosity what kind of number do you think it would have brought? I don't know that much about, and can never tell with custom stuff.

My list of the (1's) that got away, is getting kind of long. To deal with it I've found that I need to chalk it up to "it comes with the territory", dwelling on them doesn't seem to help as much as remembering the few I've landed. :)

Wow, that is a real heart breaker......

As for the Guy who sold it for less to someone else,it happens all the time unfortunately.

Did ebay pull the Taylor and Huff knife before the auction ended???

The guy who listed/sold it lost the most. I guess it's another example of how important it is to research items before you sell them.

I don't feel too bad about missing it. It's actually exciting to know these sorts of deals still crop up from time to time. Keeps me on the hunt.

I don't think eBay had much time to pull it since, when I contacted the seller, the listing had only been up for an hour or two. It was already in the process of being sold...

I've picked up a few deals on eBay, but this one, and the Western Bushman that a USMF member bought a year or two ago for $30, are the best I've seen.

Someday...

Jim